How can I lower EGT?

Right now, at cool Orlando temps (~98* with 100% humidity). I can get one or two short wot runs before my IATs are in the 138-143 range. EGTs are also high (1200-1600+) and the ECT soars to 200* (with dual fans, 160* stat). Basically, this means I can run a few wots, or drive at highway speeds, or drive for twn minutes, before hitting the turbo = slow mode.

Is there anything besides intercooling the turbo that can be done (i.e. via tuning) that will reduce my temps? I am handling the intercooler issue next weekend, but would like to have a stable base tune that can function outside the high boost cooling solution.

Any ideas?

Right now, at cool Orlando temps (~98* with 100% humidity).  I can get one or two short wot runs before my IATs are in the 138-143 range.  EGTs are also high (1200-1600+) and the ECT soars to 200* (with dual fans, 160* stat).  Basically, this means I can run a few wots, or drive at highway speeds, or drive for twn minutes, before hitting the turbo = slow mode.

Is there anything besides intercooling the turbo that can be done (i.e. via tuning) that will reduce my temps?  I am handling the intercooler issue next weekend, but would like to have a stable base tune that can function outside the high boost cooling solution.

Any ideas?

What kind of Timing values are you running?

The best way is to move the timing up as much as possible into a bit of KR then add fuel. Then do it again ect.. ect..

My timing right now is ridiculously low underboost (like 0*) because of the stock IAT timing add table. I need to get that up.

Next week, my IAT problems will be over for the most part, but I still need a safe fall back / normal cruise tune. I plan on running 12-15 total timing, but it really depends on the tip in solution and "normal" IAT conditions I get to.

It doesn't help that this is the hottest summer in FL for about the past 10 year :)

Archived