Video Editing Help And Suggestions Needed

SSThunder

Ok guys, my buddy backed up some of my old football highlight films to DVD and I would like to put some on youtube. The Sony VCR/DVD thing he has did a great job. The only problem is the file format is VOB. I have to edit them to put them on youtube since they only allow for a 15 min video. I think I have to convert the VOB files to something else(mpeg, mp4) before I edit them. I tried 2 free software but they sucked. One wouldn't work on my laptop because of driver/hardware issues. I did find a decent program called AVS Video Editor/Converter that works pretty good.

Here's a link to their siteAVS software

Have any of you guys heard of this software or used it? I haven't purchased it yet(using trial now) so I was hoping somebody could suggest some video editing software to try out. The AVS software is only $59 which seems reasonable. They offer 18 different programs for that 1 price. The software isn't perfect so let me know what you guys use.

Thanks, Jeremy

i have been messing with sony vegas but its pretty complex .

most of my editing i do in window movie maker its about as easy as paint and free . not sure if it will do what you need.

i have been messing with sony vegas but its pretty complex .

most of my editing i do in window movie maker its about as easy as paint and free . not sure if it will do what you need.

It will as long as I convert the VOB files over to a format it will support. I've also thought of using it, I just have to use a free converter program. I played around with it a little last night.