Not A Forum Regular But Soon Will Be, Explanation Inside.

So sorry to hear of your loss and definately wish you the best. I married an Oncology RN and heard so many touching stories before she got out of it. She is very caring and could relate as her dad died of cancer when she was in college. Now 10-15 years later she still gets cards at Xmas from several of the families she met.

My dad is not well ( was locked up in mental hospitals twice since Oct ) and I can't get away to travel the 1400 miles to see him like I should - it sucks..having him so far away

Man you guys I really appreciate all the responses. You guys make me feel like family already. Like i said I registered almost a year ago but had so much on the brain I didn't participate much.

And Mr.P I spoke with the gf, there's a good chance we may be joining you guys at the meet in KC!!!!!

Hopefully my work schedule permits and I get the chance to meet most of you guys...

Sorry 4 your loss. My grandmother passed last week and she had alzheimers for 20 years, took care of my terminally ill grandfather before her...............My grandfather set me up to get my truck as he knew I would not be attending college to take care of family. I will never allow a family member into an assisted living facility, those places shorten the patients lives no question, its being proven.

I am glad you had no drama nearly to my extent, I have to file complaints against a few certain individuals that abused their power of authority after I had made the 911 call and she was pronounced DOA. I cannot go into it any further.

To the recent ones we have lost :angel:

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get to know you guys better also..

03mass - I understand how you feel about assisted living completely, my mother works at one, not as a nurse but a dietary and she tells me how it is. When they started dosing up dad's meds, she was quick to jump at the hospice nurse and say, "I know what your doing, I know he's not gonna make it, this is the stuff they load my residents with when they're dying!!"

She was quick to attach the hospice nurse. I will never admit any family member into assisted living ever!!!

Sorry for your loss and welcome to the site. I'm sure most of us have been down a similar path in one way or another. With that said, you've always got someone to listen/understand when you come to this site. Damn good group of people.

^^^couldnt have responded any better.^^^ we went thru something similar, its tough, but time heals everything. always remember that no matter what relationship you and your father had, he is proud of the man you are today.

Edited by artmoreno (see edit history)