Sad Day For The Sss!

Well I got of work this morning and decided to go to Walmart. I guess it just wasnt my day :( Drove around the first curve leaving work and I see the strangest thing start to unfold in front of my eyes. I do believe a deer had suicidal tendencies but instead she was murdered by the Chevy!!! Im not sure what deer or any other animal for that matter would do this, but she jumped off of this and I creamed her.

post-19768-094863400 1299977109_thumb.jpg

And this was the aftermath.

post-19768-068091200 1299977373_thumb.jpg

post-19768-022296300 1299977489_thumb.jpg

I know it could have been much much worse and she land on the hood or something like that. But it was just the fact of the matter u know. Owell guess its time for a new bumper.

Well I got of work this morning and decided to go to Walmart. I guess it just wasnt my day :( Drove around the first curve leaving work and I see the strangest thing start to unfold in front of my eyes. I do believe a deer had suicidal tendencies but instead she was murdered by the Chevy!!! Im not sure what deer or any other animal for that matter would do this, but she jumped off of this and I creamed her.

post-19768-094863400 1299977109_thumb.jpg

And this was the aftermath.

post-19768-068091200 1299977373_thumb.jpg

post-19768-022296300 1299977489_thumb.jpg

I know it could have been much much worse and she land on the hood or something like that. But it was just the fact of the matter u know. Owell guess its time for a new bumper.

wheres the deer?

Well, being the hunter that I am. I just posted up there on the side of the road and waited for a bit thinking maybe she was dead cause she did not run off right away and I would go collect her. After about 30 minutes of waiting I grabbed the knife and went looking or her cause she fell off the other side the road into a creek. As soon as I peeked my head over the edge she jumped up and took off. On only three legs of course. Her front leg was tore up real bad. So she wont make it and will become coyote food. I thought for sure me and the guys at work was going to have some good food for the weekend but no. I end up with a repair bill.

Sucks but could have been much worse. Yeah just let the Insurance pay for it. Unless they give you cash to fix it based off of what a body shop would charge then I would fix it yourself for cheaper and do whatever you want with the cash

QFT

That deer is insane jumping off a cliff like that! Inconsiderate ****! Lol could have been much worse

when i was in tx a few weeks ago in the dmax i was driving and couldnt beleive how many deer i saw. i always made fun of those big ugly bumper guards on trucks but after i saw how many deer on the road , i respected them . still ugly but they serve a purpose.

they should have separate deer insurance out there . smaller deducable as its only a matter of time before you hit one .

Sucks but could have been much worse. Yeah just let the Insurance pay for it. Unless they give you cash to fix it based off of what a body shop would charge then I would fix it yourself for cheaper and do whatever you want with the cash

Ya Im just gonna let them take care of it. It will just be easier thay way.

QFT

That deer is insane jumping off a cliff like that! Inconsiderate ****! Lol could have been much worse

U know when i saw the damn thing bailing off of it i was in awe. But im in oklahoma right now working and thats what ill blame it on. Im not hating on the peeps from OK or the state itself but ur animals are dumb lol. I know no Texas deer would have made an attempt at suicide by jumping off that thing.lol

when i was in tx a few weeks ago in the dmax i was driving and couldnt beleive how many deer i saw. i always made fun of those big ugly bumper guards on trucks but after i saw how many deer on the road , i respected them . still ugly but they serve a purpose.

they should have separate deer insurance out there . smaller deducable as its only a matter of time before you hit one .

ya i dont like the look of them either. but the next truck i buy will definitely have one put on just for the sake of things. help feel a lil bit better about driving on the roads down here

Jeeze, Paulguy, I'd say you've got the right to hate deer!

I worked with a guy who lived in Alaska for a while and he was telling me about how hitting Moose is a much worse deal as they are tall enough that they hit vehicles in the windshield and lots of folks die as a result of those incidents.

I've got a nephew in Texas who spends a lot of time out in remote areas. Two things he told me that he always has on his trucks are the front end guard, (heavy tube style), and full on heavy duty truck tires. You need the guard for deer and you need the heavy duty tires for the shoulders of the roads. (lots of spiny stuff and critters).

Well, being the hunter that I am. I just posted up there on the side of the road and waited for a bit thinking maybe she was dead cause she did not run off right away and I would go collect her. After about 30 minutes of waiting I grabbed the knife and went looking or her cause she fell off the other side the road into a creek. As soon as I peeked my head over the edge she jumped up and took off. On only three legs of course. Her front leg was tore up real bad. So she wont make it and will become coyote food. I thought for sure me and the guys at work was going to have some good food for the weekend but no. I end up with a repair bill.

lol thats awesome:pepsicheer: