Need Help Buying A Tuner!

been looking for tuner, just dont know which to buy. i want something that i can be driving 65 mph on fuel economy and a mustang pull up beside me, and all i have to do is push extreme or whatever, and waste that discustang lol i heard alot of good from diablo, there starting to do chevy stuff now. just fufill me in on some good products, thanks guys

From my best understanding, cookie cutter tuners are good for nothing but checking codes on the computer when it comes to a gas application. If you want to spend money on a tune, go for a custom tune like Wheatley, or Black Bear Performance.

Every Single Person on this Form Will Tell You: NO HANDHELD TUNNERS!!!!!!!

Go with a custom tune from Wheatley or Blackbear or someone like tha.100X more bang for your buck!!!

I have a Nelson Performance Tune and I love It!!!

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

so custom tune is the way to go? so what would i be buying form wheatley, black bear, or live tune then??

Once you contact them, they will email or ask you about your truck. You need to know specifics. Your cam specs if changed, tire size, gear ratio, octane you want to run, mods you have, trans shift firmness and if you want your tow/haul mode to become haul ass mode as you described above. Each tuner is different, some want logs, some don't, but again a live tune is always best, each truck is uniquely different. I personally decided to have chpspecial street tune me here in SoCal and am blown away by his tune. If you lived here I'd strongly recommend him too!

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

been looking for tuner, just dont know which to buy. i want something that i can be driving 65 mph on fuel economy and a mustang pull up beside me, and all i have to do is push extreme or whatever, and waste that discustang lol i heard alot of good from diablo, there starting to do chevy stuff now. just fufill me in on some good products, thanks guys

I had a power programmer 3, and now I have a wheatley tune and I can assure you that you will be much happier with a real tune. and if you get a live tune I think they can use you tow/haul button for a more aggressive tune for the instance you refered to in your post.:pepsicheer:

I had a power programmer 3, and now I have a wheatley tune and I can assure you that you will be much happier with a real tune. and if you get a live tune I think they can use you tow/haul button for a more aggressive tune for the instance you refered to in your post.:pepsicheer:

yeah that sounds bad ass!!!!

I had a blackbear tune on my truck and would recommend that to death, but your so close to wheatley that its hard to put your money elsewhere. Handheld tuners are best left to the honda crowd

definitely make the drive down to Katy, tx to have wheatley live tune your truck. i drove 4 hours from Longview to have him tune mine and havent looked back since. hands down a live tune over any crappy hand held programmer, theyre junk. Wheatley is a great guy and will hook you up! Go Wheatley or GO HOME!

i had a hand held tuner. id never buy one again. this was 5 years ago or so. but im sure they are no better now. i went with a custom tune from nelson performance. nelson performance is out of Austin Tx. You could also go with either wheatley or black bear. you will be much happier with a live to over the preloaded handheld tuners. good luck in what ever route you take.

thanks guys im prolly gonna go with wheatley since its 2 hours away, and i like the saying ''go'wheatley or go home'' lol how long does a tune take is it a one day thing or what???

It takes a few hours, it depends. If you have a warranty I'd suggest having him tune a core and keeping your stock tuned OG PCM to switch back in for if/when you need to have warranty work done.