Serious Question Here

brobradh77

I have owned my baby for 5 years...I still absolutley love my truck but driving th same vehicle for 5 years is a long time for anyone....SO here is my delima..I have the new car fever..doesnt have to be brand new just something nice and different......In a perfect scenerio I keep my truck (which is paid for) and buy something else...but also I know if I traded my truck in by Kelly Blue book terms for a basic 06 SS with 34000 miles on it( not counting mods) is $23000...Now I know if I trade my truck in I can get a hellova nice vehicle with little or no payments......or I can just keep it and buy something else with full payments...

I am afraid that I would hate myself for trading it in and seeing anyone but me driving it.....But I would also like something different.....opinions? Offers?..LOL

Tonight I saw 3 differnt vehicles from one end of the spectrum to another completely i loved, 07 Super Charged Range ROver, 07 2 dr. BMW 335i coupe, and a 11 Chevy 4 door 4x4 Z71 with a lift. All 3 black ofcourse.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you, I can understand wanting to drive a different vehice. So here is what I have learned since November 2008; I had 4 surgeries and kept my baby off the road by choice so when I am 100% healed I can enjoy the SS again. In the meantime, I have been driving a 330xi (2005). It is fun to drive no question, however I miss driving my truck most. I guess its just feeling the power of the LQ9. Keep in mind this is the most powerful vehicle I have owned (the SS). You just cannot replace that V8 motor, unless you want an M3. However, BMW has been getting cheaper and cheaper (quality wise, and their maintenance/warranties are bs). I only hear horror stories about the dealerships and what goes on in the service bays. I am in the process of trying to sell either vehicle prefferably the bmw as I wont budge on price for my SS. I want to get another members SS truck that is up for sale that I have wanted for sometime. My overall goal is to have my SS as a DD, and the other SS truck that is for sale (its highly modded) for the rare occasional drive in the summer and fall.

I am sorry for the lengthy response but either way I will have an SS truck, hopefully two. Your truck is balls, dont get rid of it. One of my top 5 favs on this site. :chevrolet:

I have owned my baby for 5 years...I still absolutley love my truck but driving th same vehicle for 5 years is a long time for anyone....SO here is my delima..I have the new car fever..doesnt have to be brand new just something nice and different......In a perfect scenerio I keep my truck (which is paid for) and buy something else...but also I know if I traded my truck in by Kelly Blue book terms for a basic 06 SS with 34000 miles on it( not counting mods) is $23000...Now I know if I trade my truck in I can get a hellova nice vehicle with little or no payments......or I can just keep it and buy something else with full payments...

I am afraid that I would hate myself for trading it in and seeing anyone but me driving it.....But I would also like something different.....opinions? Offers?..LOL

Tonight I saw 3 differnt vehicles from one end of the spectrum to another completely i loved, 07 Super Charged Range ROver, 07 2 dr. BMW 335i coupe, and a 11 Chevy 4 door 4x4 Z71 with a lift. All 3 black ofcourse.

I'd never trade it it. Just sell it if you decide to get something else as a dealership won't give you sqat for your mods. You've got a great truck so I'd just buy something else with a full payment if you can afford it and still really love your truck. :pepsicheer:

The Range Rover is total shit. I drove one for two weeks and hated it, way over rated. I would honestly look at the new Sierra Denali, It's a bad ass truck they are doing 0% on it for 72 months. I mean its fully loaded also and you can't go wrong with it. I'm actually thinking about buying it also. But I did sell my SS 4 years ago and have been wanting to get back into something similar.

Honestly, keep the truck and maybe rebuild a classic muscle car. I own a 2011 BMW 335xi and have had nothing but problems. It has been in the shop more than any vehicle I or anyone in my family have ever owned.Yes, its sexy as hell but mechanically wise its a POS. The n54 have tons of problems also, which is the motor in the 2007s. I could literally write a novel about all the problems I've had with the car and the business itself. I have been to four different dealers so far just to get problems fixed.Not to mention we have to take it out of state since we don't have one close to service. There is also a month waiting list on rental cars when yours breaks. If I knew what I did now I would not have bought it, but I can only tell you my experience. There are other Turbo cars out there that have all the same gadgets the BMW has but a TON cheaper. If you do buy it, my advice is buy the longest warranty you can and sell it the minute your warranty is up.I honestly don't mean to come across as an ass hole if it seems that way.

I love car shopping. Prior to one purchase my goal was to drive a million dollars worth of cars. Didn't quite get there but man did I have a fun couple weeks. CTS-V, S4, M3, M3 Competition Pkg, M5, V60R, R32, STI, G35, RS6 and for the hell of it a Lotus Elise.

Go drive an 06 S4 with stick - PLUSH interior (mine had optional OEM CF beltline trim! and heated rear seats) V8 Power and Gobs of traction ! Then, if you can find one.... an 06 M3 Competition Pkg

Have fun !!

I was in the same boat a few years ago, after having my H/C/Radix VHO for about 2.5 years I started looking for something else. I ended up trading it in on an 05 machine silver z51 C6. It was a nice change. I kept it for a little over a year traded it in on an 07 4x4 Ltz tahoe, which I really liked but got bored with, so after a year and a half or so I traded it in on a 06 SS. So I pretty much went full circle now I'm back to building H/C/blower set up. I'd say do what makes you happy. Lifes short.

I have never owned a vehicle as long as I have owned the SS. All you have to do is drive something else a couple of times to appreciate it. I drive my wife's car a few times a week, or even my Corvette, and when I hop back into the truck, I remember why I like it so much. Dan may be right, pick up a different daily driver to scratch the itch, and you'll be really happy when you get into the truck. :chevy:

The Range Rover is total shit. I drove one for two weeks and hated it, way over rated. I would honestly look at the new Sierra Denali, It's a bad ass truck they are doing 0% on it for 72 months. I mean its fully loaded also and you can't go wrong with it. I'm actually thinking about buying it also. But I did sell my SS 4 years ago and have been wanting to get back into something similar.

The Sierra Denali will be my next truck, hopefully within the next year.

Brad, its whatever makes you happy as mentioned above. Hell right now, I can't justify keeping my truck from a practical perspective. Its paid off and its a blast to drive however it does nothing functional for the family right now being that I drive it on the weekends only and not in the winter. I would be better off demodding, selling off the parts and returning her to stock however I just wouldn't be happy from the power perspective! Sounds like you have crossed that line like I have and are weighing your options. Just think it through. :happysad:

I agree if you get 23k trade in, you are doing great!

We need to have a car swap with the Subru WRX/Mitsi Evo guys, they go bigger and we down size but still want AWD and POWER!!

I am in the same boat as Kevin, dont drive it much, does squat for the family, dont really use it as a truck(I have spent many years making that ok for me:)) BUT its paid off and I just cannot see trading it in for what under $14K or taking the time to sell it privatly to get a few more thousand...I know it sucks to hear but I was looking into a flex (AWD, eco boost, big enough for the kids...) but I know I cant just jump ship to a ford product.