Oil Guage

firervfd37

As soon as I start the truck it goes straight to max...my neighbor seems to think it is the oil sending unit that might be bad or the ground might be bad? We attempted to locate it and had no such luck. So I am guessing it will be the dealerships time on Monday or Tuesday to fix it...

Edited by firervfd37 (see edit history)

As soon as I start the truck it goes straight to max...my neighbor seems to think it is the oil sending unit that might be bad or the ground might be bad? We attempted to locate it and had no such luck. So I am guessing it will be the dealerships time on Monday or Tuesday to fix it...

well if your looking for the oil pressure sending unit is on the back of the block right behind the intake manifold. right on top of the block. there is two sensor back there. not the sensor with the flat plug with 3 wires. it the round one. it will be closer to the driver side of the engine but still kind of in the middle of the block on top. it will be threaded in not held done with a bolt.

Mine was doing the same, so I change out the oil pressure sending unit out, any auto parts will have it got mine at Rileys Auto, its kind of hard if you have big hands, you need to take your motor covers off the right side, reach down and pop the sensor connection off, (takes a couple of tries) then you need a 24 mil long socket and a 6 inch socket shaft, your going to have to put your knees on the radiator core support. to get at it.

That took care of it and works fine after I changed it out.

So I am at the stealership, and they are saying they have to take the intake manifold off just to get to the oil sending unit? So now its going to cost an arm and a leg due to that, 3 hours or so of labor and new gaskets for the intake manifold? Anyone no for sure if this is all required or am I getting screwed?

You're getting screwed.Problem is most mechanics won't do anything the simple way.They can't make money if it only takes 20 minutes.At least you know what it is now.Nice to have a local shop you can trust that would do it the easy way.Do you have any friends who know an honest mechanic?Hard to find I know.Worth the drive to find the right guy.

Good luck.