Video Clip Of My Cutout And 2 Step.

shawnss

Ok over the past few weeks ive been adding a few things to the truck that i got over the winter. heres a video of the DMH electric cutouts i just installed and the MSD 2-step. when the cutout is open the turbo spool sounds sweet. sorry for such a crappy video. these where all taken with my cheap point and shot camera. also there is a video of the blow-by im getting. did a compression and looks like i lost #1 cylinder. so ill be building a forger 370. block is at the machine shop just waiting for a call back to make sure the block checks out ok.

th_MVI_6412.jpg

th_MVI_6433.jpg

th_MVI_6434.jpg

heres a few pictures of the DMH electric cutout i installed and the MSD 2-step. i also added a O2 bung for my wideband. i also heat wrapped the down pipe helps keep the heat down under the hood. after i wrapped the down pipe i can hold the down pipe after the truck is up to temp pretty sweet.

IMG_6413.jpg

heres the switch panel i put together for the e-cutouts and 2-step.

IMG_6415.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6363.jpg

heres the custom floor mats i had made.

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

does that two step plug in play ? see alot of guys using them now. how much boost can you brake stall with it and without it?

Yes its plug and play. part number is MSD 8733. i have it sat pretty low like 2900 rpms. ive only tested it a few times at those rpms and i am seeing like 7psi but its low rpm. i will test it at a higher rpm once i get my cluster back i sent the cluster off to get L.e.ds put in. i just set it up on my break switch thats the only wire i had to wire in other than that its just a jumper style harness into each main plug of your coil pak. pretty simple. on the foot break i see max psi which is set to 10psi. im only running 10psi right now cause of my tune and that swith the circle D 3200-3400 stall.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

nice to know , sounds like something i could benefit from as well. even though with no boost off the line i cant hold traction.

having it on the foot brake is awesome as well. very cool . ive read these are hard on turbines but for the time you use it i dont see it hurting it too much.

ill be looking into this once i get my launch down.

nice to know , sounds like something i could benefit from as well. even though with no boost off the line i cant hold traction.

having it on the foot brake is awesome as well. very cool . ive read these are hard on turbines but for the time you use it i dont see it hurting it too much.

ill be looking into this once i get my launch down.

yeah im not sure on what it would do to the turbines. i know i had a buddy that would 2-stepped the shit out of his turbo car all the time and he never seemed to have a problem. but thats not to say it wont effect them. i did ask chris at circle D if it would hurt the TC. he said no shouldn't have any effect on it. he said to just not hold it for a long period of time. only reason being is cause it will heat up the converter rather fast.