Question For Drum Brake Guys Who Converted To Disks

Quik

On my 02 truck i swapped to SS braided lines, 14" rotors up front and 08 calibers, on rear i swapped to 03 SSS rear calibers with 14" rotors and SS braided lines. I also swapped to a 06 SSS brake booster/master cylinder.

now heres my problem ive bled my brakes with a mity vac for about 3 full large bottles of brake fluid, however i cant seem to get a solid pedal when truck is running

the 06 booster is larger and the master is larger then my stock 02 piece, now for the ppl that swapped to disks on their 05-07 trucks did you change your brake booster/master cylinder to one of a disk brake truck?

you probably have air in the abs module , you need a tech2 or similar to open it up and bleed it like that. if you do a quick removal of a "caliper" not caliber (thats a term for size) you can get away with doing a normal bleed but if they are left off for any period of time air will get to the abs module . i have been through this with my truck when i left all of the brakes off. my friend had a tech2 that i borrowed to get it done. now when i take any calipers or lines off i try to cap the lines . soing the ss lines though there isnt always a way to avoid it. with rubber lines you can pinch them to keep air from entering .

X2 on what Chase said. You need to "auto bleed" with the Tech2 so you can actually pop the abs modules open since you obviously won't be able to bleed your brakes on the fly while getting abs to engage LOL.

These damn phones and their auto correction lol

See ill agree with that but I'm curious to the 05-07 owners since I'm now using a master from a drum vehicle.

I know with old school you needed different masters with disks conversions