Ls6 Swap

PHALERYDR

Well let me say this was not someting I would have considered but I wrecked my Z and I am know considering swaping the LQ9 for the LS6 that was in the Vette. Has anyone done this and how much work is it?

Well let me say this was not someting I would have considered but I wrecked my Z and I am know considering swaping the LQ9 for the LS6 that was in the Vette. Has anyone done this and how much work is it?

Pretty straight forward... but why? you would gain anything at all...

If both engines are stock, then it isn't worth the trouble of the swap. What will be a nice upgrade is to take the LS6 heads off the LS6 motor you have and bolt them onto the LQ9. While you are at it do a nice cam. You can bolt on close to 75HP for around $500. :thumbs:

If both engines are stock, then it isn't worth the trouble of the swap. What will be a nice upgrade is to take the LS6 heads off the LS6 motor you have and bolt them onto the LQ9. While you are at it do a nice cam. You can bolt on close to 75HP for around $500. :thumbs:

Ok I am not looking to be the fastest just looking for some more HP and not let my LS6 go to waste. With that said what cam would work best for everyday driving with good gas or same gas mileage. Again I will not be tracking the truck but would like a little more power without sacrificing the towing.

• 1 year later...

Well you would gain 40-60 HP with the engine swap. Maybe some mpg's. The reluctor wheel is different so you would need the harness adapter from lingenfelter to go from the 24 tooth of the 5.7 to the 58 tooth the truck uses.

Since he said that he has an lq9, then its a gmt800, and uses the 24x reluctor.

dude sorry to do this but i'm hijacking your thread lol :fingersx:

Krambo, are the LS6 heads a direct swap for the LQ9 heads? And could someone give an idea where one may find some of these heads? :pepsicheer:

Yes, the 243 heads are a direct swap to the lq9 block. I am running them on my set up. Same port design too, only change is the better valves and smaller combustion chamber.