Is This Uncommon?

I'm working with a transmission vendor and I'm having a TERRIBLE time getting ahold of the guy. I have some small questions before I drop $1300 on his kit. I call the office, they transfer me to his voicemail. I leave a message, no call back, so I wait a few more days and try again. Same deal.

I originally called and talked to him for about 5 minutes about my needs last Tuesday. I attempted like crazy to order the parts on Friday but I could never talk to him or anybody else at the company who could help me. This week I have yet to receive a reply to my message I sent last Friday.

When dealing with vendors is this normal practice? It's one thing to sell somebody a product that sucks etc, it is a complete other issue in my book if you don't even make yourself available to sell the part!

Heres the flow of how its gone so far:

I call on 3/15, talk to a chick who can't help me. She refers me to the other guy.

I call back on 3/15, and talk to the other guy (after sitting on hold for about 10 minutes) who gives me a quote and says parts are on the shelf (should have given him a cc # right then and there)

I call back on 3/19 to place my order. Leave voicemail. No return, but message says "will promptly return your call"

Call back 3/19 and take another approach - ask operator if man who never answers phone or returns calls has an email address. She supplies me with his email address and states this is her main form of communication with him. I send email 3/19.

Today, 3/24 I call back, same BS no answer, will promptly return call blah blah blah. I know they don't so I didn't bother leaving them a message.

Today 3/24 I call back again, this time to the original chick I talked to on 3/15. She remembers me but says she can't do anything to help. I said well I talked to the guy last week, sent him an email, left him voicemails and really at this point I'm just trying to figure out who I have to give my money to so I can finish my project. After I finish that sentence, phone goes quiet and I lose a connection.

So I call her back, no answer and I leave a voicemail. No call back!

Am I being ignored or am I just impatient??

Edited by SYRacing (see edit history)

IMO I would look elsewhere, If they are this bad with customer sevice up front, just image if you have a problem with there products.......just saying.

Yeah but they are the only show in town for what I'm looking for. I don't want to mention names publicly but if you wanna know PM me.

i would not deal with that company, and if they are intown go to the shop. if your looking for just parts i am sure others on here can point you to a place that can get you the parts you need. that is my $.02

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, they are in NY. Tomorrow I'm going to be absolutely RELENTLESS until I get ahold of this character that is required for me to do the purchase. If not, I'll just put wheel bearings in my damn truck and punt the AWD. I'm doing a T56 swap and this company is the only show in town for a 4x4 T56....kinda gives away who it is but whatever. Quoted me $1300-$1350 for the recast rear section, new mainshaft, aluminum xfercase spacer and front shift modification

TUET4X4G6.jpg

I am with Jeff on this one, if the girl can only reach this Guy via E-mail there is something wrong and then the phone goes dead on you...I don't like it and would not trust this Guy, what if you have tyranny issues.Find someone more reputable.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Is that near Kinderhook?.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RT-9H S to I-87 S2 hrs 3 mins / 110.12 miles :(

My friends and I are exploring building our own out of steel. We all have plasma cutters, welders, CAD experience and access to CNC equipment