Sylvania SilverStar's

jwest1975

I swapped out the factory low and high beam bulbs for Sylvania SilverStar bulbs. They are certainly whiter but not much brighter in my opinion. I picked them up at my local AutoZone for $19.99 for each bulb and the model numbers are 9005 ST for the highs and 9006 ST for the lows. There is a $10 rebate available at Sylvania's web site. Here is a couple of close up pics of the low beams for comparison...

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

Justin :chevy:

headlight harness that keeps the low beams on with the high beams.

Hmm...what's this and where can I get one? :cool:

My friend has that harness is his 99 Silverado. I belive he bought it at the Chevy dealership. I don't know if it was a GM part or not.

I also have SilverStars in my Grand Prix and I like they way they look (they match my BlazerTech 3200 foglights perfectly) but I also thought they weren't really any brighter. Then again the Grand Prix's have about the worst headlight.

A lot of lightning guys get the silverstars, not really for improved lighting or brightness, but just to have an HID look without the ricey blue tint.

I also modded my light switch so I could turn on my fogs with the parking lamps, and spliced the wires so that the fogs stay on when I flip to the highbeams

:jester:

The is a cut and paste from the description at Summit Racing :

The Painless way to add a relay.

Chevrolet/GMC: 1988-98 pickup, High beam headlight relay

When you switch on the high beams on your Chevy or GMC truck, the low beams go off. With this Painless Wiring relay, you can have all four lights on at once. This increases the intensity and improves the spread pattern of your lights. Easy 10 minute installation. A 30 amp relay, color coded wiring, 30 amp circuit breaker, and instructions are included. Works for any 4 headlight system.

Sold individually.

I also just found this web site Painless Performance. One question though, does it require 2 kits to do the truck then? Thanks for the help!

PS- I think the part number for our truck is "#30822 - For 2003 GM fullsize trucks and SUVs".

Archived