Hid, Mufflers, And E-Fans Installed This Week!

Silverad0 SS

hid's are bright as ****!! Mufflers have a loud very very deep sound!!! and the e-fans blow some cold a\c. i was hopping to get a little better gas milege from mufflers and e-fans, im getting between 16-18 on the instant, when i got the truck it bounced between 13-15 then k&n cai 14-16 then lowered it 16-18 i didnt think lowering it would help but it did lol i notice the performance though i was very happy with that!!!

my gas mileage got worse when i put the mufflers on is that bad?

also i set my cruise control on 65mph and got those readings

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

hid's are bright as ****!! Mufflers have a loud very very deep sound!!! and the e-fans blow some cold a\c. i was hopping to get a little better gas milege from mufflers and e-fans, im getting between 16-18 on the instant, when i got the truck it bounced between 13-15 then k&n cai 14-16 then lowered it 16-18 i didnt think lowering it would help but it did lol i notice the performance though i was very happy with that!!!

my gas mileage got worse when i put the mufflers on is that bad?

Your going to get worse gas mileage when you put an exhaust on because you wont be able to keep your foot out of it because you want to hear the exhaust. :crackup: Remember that gas mileage is all about how you drive it.

When i replaced my quiet flowmasters with hella loud glasspacks, I floored it every time i accelerated because I wanted to hear them, after a few weeks i started getting better mileage because i started slowing down .

Now that you have an Intake, Exhaust and Efans. Get a 160 degree thermostat and get a custom tune and you should get better mileage, but remember its all about how you drive.

I just went on a 800 mile trip. On the way there I went one direction where it was mostly Interstate. I got a little less than 16mpg going up because I was going 85 most of the way, on the way back i went a different way and it is mostly regular country highway only going about max 65 and I got a little over 18 on the way back. I only get about 12 driving to and from work because its not that long of a distance, plus i have to warm my truck up in the morning too.

Your going to get worse gas mileage when you put an exhaust on because you wont be able to keep your foot out of it because you want to hear the exhaust. :crackup: Remember that gas mileage is all about how you drive it.

When i replaced my quiet flowmasters with hella loud glasspacks, I floored it every time i accelerated because I wanted to hear them, after a few weeks i started getting better mileage because i started slowing down .

Now that you have an Intake, Exhaust and Efans. Get a 160 degree thermostat and get a custom tune and you should get better mileage, but remember its all about how you drive.

I just went on a 800 mile trip. On the way there I went one direction where it was mostly Interstate. I got a little less than 16mpg going up because I was going 85 most of the way, on the way back i went a different way and it is mostly regular country highway only going about max 65 and I got a little over 18 on the way back. I only get about 12 driving to and from work because its not that long of a distance, plus i have to warm my truck up in the morning too.

sorry forgot to mention i was set on 65 mph with all of those readings

The reason why you are using more fuel is for one it's not tuned yet. The gasses are being expelled with less restriction, and the o2 sensors are seeing that as being the engine is in need of fuel. So the pcm delivers more fuel according to the 02's readings. This also puls timing in and makes for a rich afr.

On the cruise control part, it can play a factor in it too. First the cruise control is constantly adjusting the throttle position to maintain a constant speed with the engines load. If the roads are bumpy, on an incline, or a head or side wind is in the equation the cruise control can be adding more throttle then back off and on again over and over to maintain the speed it is set at. When I log my afr with my wideband and EFI Live I can see a difference in the non cruise and cruise logs. I still have to adjust my afr and VE table for this as I see 14.1-14.6afr while in cruise and that is eating my mileage. I hardly ever use cruise because of this, and my average mpg on the highway is 17.2 without it.

GET IT TUNED!

The reason why you are using more fuel is for one it's not tuned yet. The gasses are being expelled with less restriction, and the o2 sensors are seeing that as being the engine is in need of fuel. So the pcm delivers more fuel according to the 02's readings. This also puls timing in and makes for a rich afr.

On the cruise control part, it can play a factor in it too. First the cruise control is constantly adjusting the throttle position to maintain a constant speed with the engines load. If the roads are bumpy, on an incline, or a head or side wind is in the equation the cruise control can be adding more throttle then back off and on again over and over to maintain the speed it is set at. When I log my afr with my wideband and EFI Live I can see a difference in the non cruise and cruise logs. I still have to adjust my afr and VE table for this as I see 14.1-14.6afr while in cruise and that is eating my mileage. I hardly ever use cruise because of this, and my average mpg on the highway is 17.2 without it.

GET IT TUNED!

squintnoeswerdrun.gif