Electrical Gremlins! No Dome Light, Drivers Window...

So after driving my truck today for a few errands, I go to leave work and notice that my drivers window wont roll down??? So i just assume the switch went bad. I didn't have time to work on it right when I got home. So a little bit ago I went out to mess with it and notice I don't have over head dome lights or dash lights either?? So I've did a quick check of the fuses and all appears to be good. Now I'm not so sure as to what has caused this? I wasn't aware that all these items were linked together or why i can roll the left window up and down and the gear selector window lights up and adjusts with the dimmer switch. Any ideas guys??:dunno: thanks gary

you can test the bcm outputs via voltmeter for those functions. for a diagram see Fireman31. no output=bad bcm. They are simple to get to, just behind drivers knee bolster. Note: some outputs for lighting, etc. may only be 4.5-5.0 volts.

well after my $330 bill i found out it was a bundle of wires that some how got in the way of the e-brake as it comes back up. the wire got cut and grounded out blowing a 50amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Not as much as I was expecting to pay, but not cheap either. Thanks for the help guys. Gary

• 1 month later...

Did you happen to find out which wire in general grounded or which 50 Amp fuse blew?

well after my $330 bill i found out it was a bundle of wires that some how got in the way of the e-brake as it comes back up. the wire got cut and grounded out blowing a 50amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Not as much as I was expecting to pay, but not cheap either. Thanks for the help guys. Gary