Need Some Help With Damage To My Truck

So I just looked at the top of the cab of my truck and noticed this :banghead:

2011-04-02_15-00-13_324.jpg

Its a small dent about the size of a nickel and as you can see its starting to rust. I have no idea how this happened :confused:

Does anyone have any advice for fixing this? Im afraid of the rust doing more damage. I could probably file an insurance claim but money is tight and IDK if i can afford a deductible right now.

Damn that blows man do you by chance live near a golf course? Or maybe kids playing baseball even.. It's circular maybe a body shop could just pull it out easily. I'd take it to a body shop and get a quote it might not cost as much as you think. I mean it's worth a shot but what do I know hah.

Damn that blows man do you by chance live near a golf course? Or maybe kids playing baseball even.. It's circular maybe a body shop could just pull it out easily. I'd take it to a body shop and get a quote it might not cost as much as you think. I mean it's worth a shot but what do I know hah.

I do work near a golf course but not really close enough to get a dent like that. Plus I have seen many golf ball dents and they are usually more even. and Its too small for a baseball. My dad thinks by the shape of it and how the dent is uneven that it may be from a bullet. Someone probably shot into the air and it came back down and hit my truck.

Im thinking i might be able to fix it myself. Clean it out, get some bondo and paint it with some color match spray paint and a clear coat.

Im planning on getting the entire truck re-painted in a year or so when its paid off so this would just be a temporary fix so the rust does not get any worse.

Well you've got a physical void in the paint now, so not much you can do to fix it short of pulling the dent out and reshooting it.

It also appears that the paint is pulling up around it so theres a good chance the rust is spreading beyond what you can see thru the hole there.... best bet would be to sand down the surrounding area to reveal all the rust, remove it (sand down) as it looks like surface rust, then repaint. Not exactly a DIY type project if you don't have the right tools to do it.