Fouling Out?

so being it was nice out today i decide to take the truck out for a spin.. About a mile up the road the check engine light comes on and i was like WTF...So i ran into autozone to get it sacanned and it came up mis firing...so i take the truck home check the wires,they are fine..Pull all the plugs on passanger side they are all normal...Pull the ones on driver side they are black as coal...Anyone thing ot could have something to do with the coil pack??? i am at the point now i aint sure what else it could be...

Well, if the driver's side plugs are stained with carbon deposits, that signifies that the driver's side bank of your engine (bank 1) is running rich. Did you re-use the original 02 sensors when you installed your headers recently?

yes sir although the rears are turned of via the tune... i would hope it would be the front o2..i dont have the funds if it were to be to coil pack

A random cylinder misfire(P0300) wouldn't be a coil pack, so rule that out........The driver's front 02 sensor could be fouled up, giving incorrect readings to the PCM, causing it to dump more fuel into the driver's side bank.....

Dan if your reading!!!! Well i replaced the front o2 on the drivers side and it changed nothing, reset the battery and still no change, honestly seemed to run worse then before, so i put the old one back in so any suggestions?

Dan if your reading!!!! Well i replaced the front o2 on the drivers side and it changed nothing, reset the battery and still no change, honestly seemed to run worse then before, so i put the old one back in so any suggestions?

Is the CEL back on? Or is the truck just running rough? I just got your voicemail, if the CEL is off and you just reset the battery, you need to go out and drive it a bit. Resetting the battery erases the PCMs memory so to say, and drive time will help it go through the whole processing of learning how you drive, and how the mechanics of your truck function.......

Some questions:

1. Are all the plugs "black as coal" on the driver's side?

2. Do you have any means of scanning your fuel trims (LTFT and STFT's)?

3. Did you take that new O2 sensor and swap it out on the PASSENGER side?

Honestly, it sounds like a header leak. This can be isloated by looking at your fuel trims. Your O2 sensor is seeing a "lean condition" and dumping fuel to correct it. I'll bet your LTFT's are crazy positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Well changed the intake gaskets they were leaking, put new plugs in,checked the header gaskets,one of the coils were bad,and my truck is still running like S**T...any other suggestions fellas...Is it possible to be in the tune itself