Drls On With Headlights And Turn Signals

I know there are tons of topics about making the drls come on with the headlights and theres one or two about having them come on with the turn signals but i cant seem to put the info together in order to do what im trying to do. nothing is very sonclusive. heres what i want to happen

1) I want my DRLs to come on when my headlights are on....

2) i also want them to flash in unison with my turn signals/4-ways.

3) and id like to have all four headlights on when my high beams are on

the only way i can think to do this is to use the diode trick to connect the drl relay to the turn signal relay and the headlight relay. and connect the high beam relay to the low beam relay. i dont really know enough about this kind of thing to be able to do it without consulting the community here so yall feel free to chime in and let me know how this should be done... also what is the purpose of adding the diode in between the connections? is this so the electricity will only flow one way? i know thats a noob question but like i said, dont know enough to do this on my own. and if anyone has pictures of this please post them so i can print them out and take them outside when i put everything together... thanks in advace yall

Chris

I hope someone answers this question . but i had a question also for any lookers i want to run drls and parks at same time at night i have found out how to do this but i need a bigger diode because the 12 v from radio shack only carry 1.5 a and is getting hot i installed a 5 a fuse and i have no heating at all so i need a 5 a diode where can i find one ?

there is a 4 high mod in the how to and you might be able to get the DRLs to stay on when the headlights are on with the same trick with diodes but now as for them blinking that is a real headache i know i made my DRL a blinker and in doing that i think i messed up and made it blink but everything else was hay-wire, lol i hope i gave you at least a starting point but the how to sections is the bomb dot com......

Look up the 4 high mod to get all four headlights on. To swap out your DRL's to blnkers you will need to get two blinker sockets off of a wrecked truck and wire them to your stock blinkers. FYI this is not my pic. It is from another member on here.

DSC_0880.jpg

I actually have that pic printed out in my electrical box... i didnt realuze i had to use blinker sockets but i found them at autozone for like 9$. I already replaced the passenger side one cuz when my truck got wrecked it ripped out one of the wires so ill go down in a few days and get the other one. I got the diodes yesterday. What im gonna do it just connect the 85 on the highs to the 85 on the lows using the diode trick, then connect the 85 on the lows to the 85 on the drls and ill play around a bit to figure out which leg of the blinker relay will make the drls blink also... should be the 85 on those also right??? Ill post some pics and let yall know what i did once im done and have everything working properly. What would be really cool is if i could get the drl to come on then the blinker everytime i switch on the turn signal sorta like the newer mustangs do with the 3 tail lights.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i know there is a 4 hi write up in the how to but i am amost possitive that the 85s are the right socket, now if your are going to play around with it i would only do one at a time just incase something happens and you blow all the fuses, lol and as for the fog lights without the blinkers...good luck but the only way i see that happening is you somehow put an current blocker so the power doesnt go to the blinkers or something

I don't believe that the drls will blink unless you wire the new blinker sockets on and them you don't have drls anymore. That's how my set up is anyways. but if you find a way to get both let me know lol

Well i used the diode method and connected the lows to the highs and then the drls to the lows that way when my lowbeams are on my drls are on and when my highbeams are on my lows and drls are on... looks pretty sick imo!! But they dont blink... i decided not to try and hook them in with the blinkers just for the sake of simplicity.

2011-04-06_21-09-26_468.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edited by BgRd1 (see edit history)