Vibration From Stop

06 v-maxx

Well i just installed shackles on my truck 1'' drop just to level and noticed slight vibration from a dead stop. i went ahead and replaced all three universal joints and carrier bearing but still there is slight vibration. So stuck stock shackles back on and i will say the vibration is all but gone but there is still a little something. My question is has anyone ever seen where the pinion angle wasent just right even at factory stance? Im going to get a 2 and 4 degree shim kit and see if that will help.

You should not have had any vobrations with a 1" drop. Did you or anyone else remove the drive shaft? The drive shaft may need to be clocked 180 degrees. Are you sure the carrier bearing is straight? Good luck...

The dealership did the universal joints and carrier bearing , and i can see where they marked the shaft and yoke so i would say its clocked correctly. I dont know if this matters but i made my own shackles, i added two inches to a set of shackles i had lying around which gave me about a inch drop.

ive had this happen many times before. 2 degree shim and nothing else is needed.

Thanks tony for your help, i will try the shims and hopefully that will be the cure. can you shed the light on whats going on

or why it vibrates only when i first take off aggresively? It would seem to me that the shackles made the pinion point down

or ''negative'' is this correct?

Thanks tony for your help, i will try the shims and hopefully that will be the cure. can you shed the light on whats going on

or why it vibrates only when i first take off aggresively? It would seem to me that the shackles made the pinion point down

or ''negative'' is this correct?

you need to point it up more thats it. 2 or 4 degree will help.