Flex-A-lite Fan Connections

Okay guys,

I'm having trouble with my fan install...

I've got what appears to be a short in my ignition hot as my fan failure also captures other peripherals (AC, Cruise Control , Odometer, Temp Gauge, Trans Temp Gauge, and center console 12V ).

I certainly plan to re-check my connections but I was wondering where other connections were made.

Despite my better judgment, I used the inline fuse holder jumper terminal that came with the VSC.

Thanks,

Here is something I posted on another site awhile ago -

The fan controller needs to be connected to a wire that is hot when the truck is keyed on and cold when it is off. If you take the cover off of the fuse box under the hood and then lift up the cover that has the fuses in it you see 6 different sections. I used a wire in section 1 ( top left hand corner). Count two wires over from the right and 3 down. You will find 2 wires here. I used the purple one on the right. You also need to tap into the activation wire that goes to the clutch compressor for the AC. There are two wires there. I used the green one. These tips should help you get through the install in a couple of hours.

Tom

Okay guys,

I'm having trouble with my fan install...

I've got what appears to be a short in my ignition hot as my fan failure also captures other peripherals (AC, Cruise Control , Odometer, Temp Gauge, Trans Temp Gauge, and center console 12V ).

I certainly plan to re-check my connections but I was wondering where other connections were made.

Despite my better judgment, I used the inline fuse holder jumper terminal that came with the VSC.

Thanks,

If I was you I would not install the VSC from Flex-a-lite. Alot of people here have been haveing alot of problems with them. I'm one too..they suck :nono:

If you call Allen @ 210-626-0278 , He made some replys that work 100% much better then the VSC. I have them right now and never any problems. Also I live in Phx, AZ and they work here fine.

:thumbs:

Archived