Pcm/ Electronic Trouble

rojo_143

Well yesterday i pulled my e-fans off of my truck after removing the two added wires and re-installing the connectors on the PCM now i am having major electrical issues with my blinkers not going off and my abs and parking brake warning lights coming on and a few other things. I just tried the relearn procedure but did not help anything. I did touch some of the adjecent pins while removing the two unneeded ones could that have caused this??? I have checked the connections twice to make sure they were nice and tight and that they are seated properly and they are. I had the negative battery cable disconnected throughout the process. The truck started right up and drove fine it is just the electronics that are acting up. This is the 3rd or 4th time that i have removed the pcm and i have never had any issues before. I will be troubleshooting today with my stock PCM to see if the problem transfers over. Any idea's or thoughts or input please help.

The PCM has NOTHING to do with the lighting systems on the truck. All lighting is controlled either by the switches in the dash, or by the BCM. I would be more inclined to think something got wrestled loose under the underhood electrical center? But that is a wild-guess. If the truck drives fine and you have no check-engine codes, then it's not the PCM...

Mr. P.

do you know of a way to reset the BCM? I will check all of my wires and connections again tonight to make sure there is not something loose or damaged. By the way it only does it when the truck is running.

welll problem solved turned out that when i disconnected the groundwire on the uinderside of the bumper for the e-fans one wire shot to the other side of the crossmember and i missed it when i reconnected it. went out see that hanging loose connected it problem solved no to deal with the whole deer collision that happened last night(mind you this i was suppose to trade the truck in today) it will need a new bumper ducts and all, grille and passenger side lights. fun fun on the upside it will lose the hideous front license plate holder for the next owner!!