Bed Protection...

87sheerips

So, I was thinking of doing a spray-in liner so I can take my hard tonnau off in the summer to haul around my quads, etc. The two things holding me back is the COST and the permanent nature of the product.

I was recently impressed with the BED RUG advert. video on stylintrucks.com, and for about $100 less than spray in liner I think it might be my best bet.

Have any of you worked with the BED RUG, and if so what do you think?

Thanks!

-JD

I have had a bedrug in my truck from Day-1 and LOVE it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I USE my truck, my bedrug looks nasty because I haul transmissions & running gear & have moved a few times etc etc. Great product, bummer it costs almost $400 now. I would highly recommend it, the only thing that has ruined the bedrug was a cigarette burn from my **** upstairs neighbor.

Mr. P. :)

I really like the bed rug.You can even buy a vertion that doesn't go up the sides for just over $100.I was in this situation a couple of weeks ago and cheaped out on a plastic bedliner.It looks great,fits perfect,easy to clean at the powerwash and is very light.

That looks great.How much did it cost?When the first spray ons came out I didn't like them.They looked like some had used tar for a roof.They are much nicer now.I had a guy drop by today who had a late model Silverado and he had the bed rails done with the box with Linex.It looked pretty good.

My bedliner

IMG_2230.jpg

Well.That is the ultimate setup.Perfect.One day when I get everything else done I will buy a bed rug and cover.

Bed Rug, hands down the best IMHO, going on 8 years now, still looks as good as the first day.

SS%20Tailgate%20open.jpg

That looks great.How much did it cost?When the first spray ons came out I didn't like them.They looked like some had used tar for a roof.They are much nicer now.I had a guy drop by today who had a late model Silverado and he had the bed rails done with the box with Linex.It looked pretty good.

It was done by another memebr on here a few years back...It was $350 I think

Wow, thanks for the pics and info fellas... That spray in with the SS is sick, and the bedrug is very clean too.

I think Im gonna go with the bedrug, Im still trying to find one with a bowtie! If anyone has a link please let me know.

-JD

Wow, thanks for the pics and info fellas... That spray in with the SS is sick, and the bedrug is very clean too.

I think Im gonna go with the bedrug, Im still trying to find one with a bowtie! If anyone has a link please let me know.

-JD

I got mine on eBay from a seller named "ByersGMAccessories". Don't know if he is still active or not. The GM Part # is 12499436 if you want to look it up. Good luck.

The BedRug will hold up perfect. Just vaccum and your set. I threw a snowmobile in the bed and it had fresh studs and the BedRug did not get one tear. I believe it is tougher than any spray on liner Ive seen. I am not knocking the spray in liners, but it is something that is easily noticed loading snowmobiles into various trucks and seeing the liners scraped, while my BedRug stays in mint condition and going on 8 years.

IMO, I would try to choose wether to keep the cover on the bed or not. If I got rid of the cover, I would want a spray in liner. And if the bed was covered year round, BedRug. I wouldnt want that rug catching alot of rain.