Would Black Bear E-Fan Harness Work?

Current i have a cluch fan....I bought flex a lite efans, lookn on buying the black bear efan harness need to know if im able to use the harness with my flex a lite fans, i email black bear performance but they havent replied back, need info i rather use there harness over the thermo module kit....

Thanks,

Oscar

Current i have a cluch fan....I bought flex a lite efans, lookn on buying the black bear efan harness need to know if im able to use the harness with my flex a lite fans, i email black bear performance but they havent replied back, need info i rather use there harness over the thermo module kit....

Thanks,

Oscar

I'm not sure if you can, but I did want to pop in and let you know that some owners of the FLF have had problems with them catching fire. If you bought them new it probably would be better to go with a factory setup or the HPM efan kit. If you have a 5.3L truck you will need to get the larger 34" radiator. You will also need to upgrade to the 145amp alternator and a larger belt.

If your truck is in fact a 05 you should have electric fans already... this kinda boggles the mind. It also may already have the 145amp alternator.

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)

Any of the aftermarket harnesses will make any fans "work", but you will have to do some soldering to mate the aftermarket harness to the FAL fan leads. Some harnesses "work" better than others.

Real world advice -

The FAL electronics have caught fire on us, we discourage everyone from using their control box. The FAL fans pull only 2/3rds the air of the OE GM efans, I don't care what the advertising says on the box I've put my hands behind the FALs, GMs, and Torrent fans and the FALs are the weakest; the Torrent fans pull half-again MORE air than the GM efans. But the GM efans are adequate and the quietest too and I don't think they pull as much amperage as the Torrent fans do either.

The Nelson harness does not operate like the factory GM harness, and since your PCM supports full series-parallel fan operation I would encourage you to not use it (the Nelson harness was designed for the pre-2003 trucks and works adequately in that application).

If I were me in your shoes - if you have not installed the FAL kit yet, I would return it for refund and with that same money purchase a used/take-out heavy duty 34" radiator, efans, and efan harness (relays) from a 2004-2007 truck; it would be an overall better cooling solution, again the GM fans are adequate for your truck and altogether not a bad deal (financially) if you get the relay harness included.

And if you want a set of HPM Torrent fans, I can hook you up but I only have fan shrouds for the 34" radiator.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Any of the aftermarket harnesses will make any fans "work", but you will have to do some soldering to mate the aftermarket harness to the FAL fan leads. Some harnesses "work" better than others.

Real world advice -

The FAL electronics have caught fire on us, we discourage everyone from using their control box. The FAL fans pull only 2/3rds the air of the OE GM efans, I don't care what the advertising says on the box I've put my hands behind the FALs, GMs, and Torrent fans and the FALs are the weakest; the Torrent fans pull half-again MORE air than the GM efans. But the GM efans are adequate and the quietest too and I don't think they pull as much amperage as the Torrent fans do either.

The Nelson harness does not operate like the factory GM harness, and since your PCM supports full series-parallel fan operation I would encourage you to not use it (the Nelson harness was designed for the pre-2003 trucks and works adequately in that application).

If I were me in your shoes - if you have not installed the FAL kit yet, I would return it for refund and with that same money purchase a used/take-out heavy duty 34" radiator, efans, and efan harness (relays) from a 2004-2007 truck; it would be an overall better cooling solution, again the GM fans are adequate for your truck and altogether not a bad deal (financially) if you get the relay harness included.

And if you want a set of HPM Torrent fans, I can hook you up but I only have fan shrouds for the 34" radiator.

Mr. P.

Mr.P

Thanks i wish i had known this b4 i purchase these FAL fans :( so i bought two individual one's with out the control box so i was planning on running the blkbear harness or urs. How much would i be lookn at with your hook up?

And these harness are just plug an play?

Are they set to a temp from the pcm to turn on the fans?

would the harness work from what year to what year truck?

My truck is a 2004 with no efan's cluch fan from dealer original.

Edited by oskar (see edit history)

I'm not sure if you can, but I did want to pop in and let you know that some owners of the FLF have had problems with them catching fire. If you bought them new it probably would be better to go with a factory setup or the HPM efan kit. If you have a 5.3L truck you will need to get the larger 34" radiator. You will also need to upgrade to the 145amp alternator and a larger belt.

If your truck is in fact a 05 you should have electric fans already... this kinda boggles the mind. It also may already have the 145amp alternator.

Thanks for head's up.