Brake Problem, Help!

Ok Ive had my rear drivers side brake griding and whineing as of late. I knew it was getting bad because of this so I felt the rotor and the front has small trenches in it and the backside is even worse. I bought all new cross drilled rotors, Hawk HPS pads and Goodrich braided lines to put n the truck whihc came in today. Tonight I was going to walmart and I had to get on the brake hard to stop at a quick changing light and when I did I felt a pop or a jerk whcih seemed to be back by that wheel. Now when i pusht the pedal down it goes to the floor but it will still stop after uve pressed it hard enough. It seems its just the front brakes stopping possibly and I dont even hear the grindig noise in the back like there is no pressure back there. My brake light came on and it says to check brake system on the display. Its to dark for me to check right now so Ill lok at it tom. When the truck is off the brake pedal will still pump up like it should. Can someone tell me if I have a busted line , if the booster went out or what could be the problem here please. I thoguth I smelled fluid by the wheel with the bad rotor so maybe there is a leak bake there......................Help please!

You have driven the brakes so far beyond 'normal wear and tear' I could not venture even a guess as to what you broke without PICTURES. The brake warning light probably came on because the brake system detected a fault in the rear and has deactivated the rear brakes.

Mr. P.

my complete shot in the dark guess is maybe you over extended the rear caliper piston. Start your truck in the drive way and pump the brakes a cpl times to see if you have a fluid leak.....

I didnt know the systm could deactivate the rear brakes...? I was thinking the booster went bad or a line busted but couldnt tell last night without any light so Ill check it today.

They wouldnt pump up with the truck turned on but they would pump up with it off.

Edited by firehawknwv (see edit history)

Well I had to fill the master cylinder then I pressed the pedal a few times to try to build up pressure and couldnt. I looked under the truck at the lines and they were fine then I swa the fluid pouring from the caliper. So it appears I blew the seal out of the caliper without even taking it apart. Ill buy a new one and just do the break swap then. Just my luck when Im have a camd LS1 and stalled 4l80e put in my Firebird which is down right now also, lol

Well the truck is fixed now. The bad caliper I was referring to pretty much fell apart when I took it off form rust and crap. The lower piston extended a lil further than it could go and it cracked I guess cuz it fell to pieces when we got it off. Then to add to the problem my front calipers seized up on me and had to buy new calipers for the front. After all that crap the truck has brakes once again and much safer now. The braided lines I got wouldnt fit as I found out they were the wrong ones so have to send them back to Thunder Racing for the right ones.