My 1955 210 Wagon, Ls Powered

BlueAKSSS

Well haven't been posting as much as I have in the past because I've tied up with lots of work on my 55 Chevy project. I picked it up Feb. 7th 2011 as a body minus engine/trans. My next step was to find an engine and trans. So I figured I would go cheap and pickup a 350 or something and drop it in, after searching around it turned out to be equal in price to swap in a LS motor from the junkyard so I did a basic LS swap into it. I used a 5.3L junkyard motor, swapped on a LS1 intake for looks, deleted the power steering pump, modded the stock truck water pump to clear the throttle body on the LS1 intake and installed a GMPP Muscle car oil pan kit. Then added conversion engine mounts and a Borg Warner T10 4 Speed and Hurst 4 Speed shifter.

Here's the video of the first drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hywBY-gHo

*edit note this was before I dynomatted the entire interior, and tightened up all the loose screws to fix the squeaks!

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Thanks guys! Bad news is I had to pull the transmission back out because it needs a rebuild. Turns out it won't stay in fourth gear anymore just pops out after driving for more than 2 minutes in that gear. It sucks because the weather is beautiful and it would be a great day to drive it! Haha.