Does New Intermediate Shaft Work?

billsmith

I was wanting to know if the intermediate shaft that is listed on gmpartsdirect works. It's been 3 years since it has been around. Do enough SS trucks have the miles on them to prove that the infamous clunk is gone. My 03' has just turned 10,000 miles. It's been clunking the last 4,000. I want to install the new shaft but before I lay down the cash can I get some reviews. I did a search already to see if anything new has come up. Thanks to all for a great forum.

Theres an easier fix and its free. Remove the 15mm bolt and move the intermediate shaft back and forth getting the grease back on the splines. Reinstall bolt and secure. No more clunk

This is a temporary fix. When will it come back?? Who knows but as easy as it is to do this theres no sense in buying a new one. But thats just me....

need a shaft and ill get this done quick style.

from what i can tell i have an easy fix , i will setup an exchange program to where i can send one out , u swap it and send back the core.

just need to find some old junkers , if anyone has one they can send me pm me and ill set this up .

How many miles do you have on this replacement? This is the same one that gmpartsdirect is selling? Thanks.

Roughly 30k, I assume it is the most current replacement seeing how it was done under warranty....

It will be the best 60 bucks you can spend on it. I felt your pain, It will literally drive you nuts!!!!!

banghead.gif

You are correct, it is aggervating. As you can see I don't drive it much. I did drive it this week to work. I work at a hot rod shop,Detroit Speed and Engineering, and the owners have an 03 dullie that has had earlier replacements that clunk. Hope to pass good news to them also. Thanks.

You are correct, it is aggervating. As you can see I don't drive it much. I did drive it this week to work. I work at a hot rod shop,Detroit Speed and Engineering, and the owners have an 03 dullie that has had earlier replacements that clunk. Hope to pass good news to them also. Thanks.

No problem. I was dodging pot holes around groups of people so they didn't think I drove a raggedy SS. The things we will do to make regular Silverado owners jealous.

i have an idea i plan to modify the stock one and make it greasable to fic the clunk on any design .

does anyone have an old one they can send me ?

^^^My truck is resting and will be for some time. I am not tech smart with these trucks, so maybe I can get another member over to help me un-instal this sucka, ship to you, and get your new design moving.

10,000 miles! That thing must smell new! :chevrolet: