Radix Intercooler Pump Upgrade

I noticed my truck was a bit down on power when I was flooring it, and discovered that the intercooler pump was not running. Checked the plug for power, and that was okt. Gave the pump a whack and it started working :P . Checked it again a bit later and it needed another whack, sounds like it is time to replace it. Searching around here, I see some guys saying the Meziere WP136s pump is a good upgrade at 20gph.

Meziere Enterprises WP136S

Anybody tried it?

What about the Meziere WP116S at 35gph (more is better :P )

Meziere Enterprises WP116S

or the 40gph (too much is better still :P )

Meziere Enterprises WP116SHD

I have a large heat exchanger so I think the higher gallons per hour would be put to good use

HPIM0635.JPG

HPIM0604.JPG

HPIM0652.JPG

I remember reading an article that one of that car mags did on a SS with the Radix. I believe it was Chevy High Performance. They did a bunch of mods, headers, tune, pulley, headers, etc. One of the mods was adjusting the pump voltage to speed it up and slow it down. They actually found that slowing the pump actually cooled better. It allowed the fluid to stay in the heat exchanger to longer which in turn cooled the incoming charge to a lower temperature. Not sure if this would still apply since you have a bigger heat exchange.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

Do you have a part number for that H/X? Looks extrememly efficient!

I think they make better fitting heat exchangers now especailly for the SS, although I am not sure where. I got this one back in '03 and it was actually made for a Ford Lightning :blink: I had to trim the tabs and do some finger gymnastics to get it bolted in. The electric fans are a "must do" as they cool things down while you are at the stop light, waiting for the next full throttle launch. :peelout:

You caught my typo. :P

Yes, after thinking about it, I am leaning towards the 136. Given the tube sizes and all, a bigger pump would just draw more power and not get much more through the system. I am also looking into the idea of a larger resevoir, if only because the existing one seems to introduce lots of air into the coolant due to the whirlpool it makes. That would only get worse with a bigger pump.