Squeak In Reverse?

ThatTallCanadian

Hey bro's haha

K so got another "sound" i need diagnosed! I have a feeling its the driveshaft but i'm looking for all opinions before I get it serviced!

The sound is loudest when in reverse and the repetition of the squeaks get faster as the truck gets faster. noise will go away typically at around 30 Km/h. HOWEVER the sound does NOT happen when the truck slides backwards in neutral. With the engine on or off I might add.

I do have a video with the sound. ***** Please no comments on how dirty the truck is haha. It was clean about 10 minutes before this video. It just rained right beforehand and I live in the dirtiest city in the world apparently :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r1xzF6ZJT4

That is a weird sound, definitely sounds like something is rubbing. Could be a break pad, CV axle, bearing, dry U-joint? Those are just some random guesses I have that could cause a squeaking sound like that. Maybe try to pinpoint the sound as the exactly where it is coming from. I hear you about your truck getting dirty, I wash mine and it no sooner gets dirty in a couple days.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Did anything come of this? I have the same sound coming from my front end... I've greased everything and did the rear Ujoints recently... I've ruled out brakes as it doesn't stop when you hit the brakes and it doesnt happen in neutral.. I'm thinking front drive shaft or wheel bearings...

tx

Edited by toolsss04 (see edit history)

my ebrakes haven't worked since I bought it lol. The two lines running beside the gas tank for the ebrakes rubbed against eachother so much apparently that it's worn through the rubber and exposed the core inside, rusted it all up and siezed it.