How To Increase Horsepower/ Torque On My Chevy Ss ?

Silverado760

400 at the wheels is still a good amount of HP and mods. Dan has the best story for this as he tested just shy of 400 at the wheels before his cam, and i'm sure over 400 after.

I ran 329/364 to the wheels with just bolt-ons and a 3000 stall, which converts to 401/443 off the crankshaft. She has not been back on the dyno yet.....

More food for thought, Art(WICKEDOWESIX) has the same cam and similar mods as me and ran 390hp or so to the wheels if I remember right.......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I ran 329/364 to the wheels with just bolt-ons and a 3000 stall, which converts to 401/443 off the crankshaft. She has not been back on the dyno yet.....

More food for thought, Art(WICKEDOWESIX) has the same cam and similar mods as me and ran 390hp or so to the wheels if I remember right.......

Ohhhh, i didn't know Art had dyno numbers. He's got a bad ass truck but never knew he ran it on the dyno, hopefully he'll post as well.

Food for thought...with all the modifications you are talking about N/A, the cost of picking up a used Radix for the same goals may make financial sense. I have seen them go for 2k, less the fuel pump and tuning.

A radix with "stock pulley" on a stock SS with tuning could put down 400 RWHP.

Regardless of what route you take, you gotta pay to play unfortunately.

Food for thought...with all the modifications you are talking about N/A, the cost of picking up a used Radix for the same goals may make financial sense. I have seen them go for 2k, less the fuel pump and tuning.

A radix with "stock pulley" on a stock SS with tuning could put down 400 RWHP.

Regardless of what route you take, you gotta pay to play unfortunately.

I did my build with this in mind. I came out ahead in cost and I think I have the times too. A maxed out 112, no! but damn close.

And just as Kevin said you have to pay, the key is to only pay once. so make a goal, make a plan to reach your goal, do your homework and then follow the plan/budget, then get to the track and test!

Hey Dan did you had a tune as well when you put down those dyno numbers? My assumption is yes, but you have me curious.

Hey Dan did you had a tune as well when you put down those dyno numbers? My assumption is yes, but you have me curious.

Yessir, she pulled those numbers on the dyno back in February.......