Headers Install

question guys when i put my dynatech headers on with my sways and volant intake will i need to upgrade brakes right away or will i b ok with stock ones ?

You will be just fine but any upgrade would be an improvement.

You will be just fine but any upgrade would be an improvement.

iamwithstupid.gif

I know you were looking for a shop to do the install did you end up finding one or are you doing it yourself ?? chris

^^^^Any luck with GMPerformanceguy?

I would definitley upsize to the 05+ front rotors, calipers, pads and s/s brake lines along with Motul synthetic Brake fluid. Should feel a difference. ESP in Sterling is the only place that carries Motul as far as I know in MA, possibly the northeast. Good luck man, and get some sound clips! :chevrolet:

-Andrew

Tell Dave at ESP that Jeff with the red SS truck and Andrew with the black SS truck down the street sent you to them, along with 1stimeSSguy (he was also tuned by them). I made it known that we all know each other from this site.

Jeff was the first SS truck they tuned, they tried his truck on the dyno but the our wheelbase obviously is too big or else we would have an awd dyno on our hands and I have been going to them for maintanence and repairs. 1stimeSSguy also had them tune him up and I might be up next when my truck is back on the road. :pepsicheer:

Tell Dave at ESP that Jeff with the red SS truck and Andrew with the black SS truck down the street sent you to them, along with 1stimeSSguy (he was also tuned by them). I made it known that we all know each other from this site.

Jeff was the first SS truck they tuned, they tried his truck on the dyno but the our wheelbase obviously is too big or else we would have an awd dyno on our hands and I have been going to them for maintanence and repairs. 1stimeSSguy also had them tune him up and I might be up next when my truck is back on the road. :pepsicheer:

ESP did my tune last year and no complaints except there a little pricey. i just got some HPM efans and will be ordering LT's soon and i think i am going to try black bear or wheatley this time ..... chris

ESP did my tune last year and no complaints except there a little pricey. i just got some HPM efans and will be ordering LT's soon and i think i am going to try black bear or wheatley this time ..... chris

I went with black bear. love the tunepepsicheer.gif

• 2 weeks later...

well dropped my ss off at esp today and in a week ill b moded up,, what a treat there was a fleet of vettes there doin the dyna what i site i didnt stay long and didnt bring my camera but wow damm nice cars..ill provide pics and sound clips when i get my truck back

When I was getting a brake swap their, Tom Petty racing was using their dyno for a couple hours and was fun to watch the tuning and their race track cars screaming loud.

got my headers installed sways on but my exhaust has a hole in it and one pipe is rusted 2nd time have to fix my flowmaster but when im done with exhaust i will post sound clips fells much stronger and faster in turns with sways

First off dump the flowcrappers and get something better.

Also jeff03ss has the esp tune and hes running 14.4 14.6 something like that. i went with black bear. I was going to head over to Sterling to get a tune but I feel black bear is WAY more fimiliar with these trucks!!!