60# Siemens Injector Tuning

Cramer

Hey guys. I am about ready to convert to a return style fuel system. I have a lengthly parts list but the major components are Aeromotove Stealth 340 fuel pump, LS2 style rails, Aeromotive A1000 FPR (boost ref), and Siemens Deka 60# injectors.

I have limited time to get this installed, and even less time to tune in the injectors. So I am trying to get a tune set up for the injectors on my laptop then after it's installed just flash it and be done. I have searched for weeks on the tuning info for a return system with no hard data. Does anyone have the data that they can provide me? I am willing to pay (reasonablly) for all the tuning info needed on this. I need the fuel system taken care of before I put the turbo on, and I only have a small window of time in a few weeks to get it all done and worked out.

Any help is highly appreciated.

BTW I am using EFI Live for tuning, and will be upgrading to COS3 to run speed density.

Thanks guys

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Well the IFR is easy enough to calculate; I have no idea what the other injector tables should be adjusted to for those. You can use the widely available IFR calculator spreadsheet that RedHardSupra posted years ago, that will get you the right IFR.

Another idea, since you are willing to pay for some help - try a couple of the better fuel injector suppliers, Yaw Power, or FIC and see if they would be willing to email you the values for all the EFILive injector tables for these injectors, they would know as they have the bench equipment to capture this data.

Mr. P.

Krambo. Yes it is an adjustable fpr boost referenced 1:1. I will be setting fuel pressure to stock 58psi at the reg off of the gauge on it. I also have an electric fuel pressure gauge in the pillar to monitor inside.

Mr.P. I do have the spreadsheet and have came up with the IFR at 72.257 psi @ 58#. The offsets and pulse widths are what i am having a hard time getting. I have heard that those who have these injectors running like stock and properly tuned keep it a secret. I have talked to Jon at FIC about these when I was first going to buy them, but found some brand new for alot cheaper. Therefore I dont feel its right to ask him for his info since I didnt get them from him. He is a very nice and helpful guy. We talked for almost an hour.

I also searched holdencrazy.com for tune files with the same injectors with no luck and searched EFI Live and HPT with nada too. If I do get these injectors tuned and running right I am going to post everything for others. Alot of people need this info and noone can provide it. LOL

Thanks guys. I am gonna keep tryin.

PM me your Email and I will send you all of the correct offsets / PWs for those injectors. Yes, it often becomes a secret once you have the data...I guess it is kind of a pride thing for alot of tuners.

BTW, your IFR for those injectors is just about spot on...so many people use "60" and butcher their tunes, glad you are going about it the right way.

Wow Krambo you are a true life saver!

You don't know how much I appreciate this.

I do want to do this right, and I am spending the money to do it that way. I really have no help on this project as all my friends that are mechanically inclined work different schedules, or have other priorities. Plus there are very few performance trucks in my area.

I do want to run a second pump to be certain that if one pump fails the other being powered by a hobbs switch to turn on at XXpsi would be my true right way. In the case of a pump failure while in boost and not seeing it in time would suck. I have a mocked up version for another member that I did on the bench at the shop to show how it is laid out.

th_IMAG0146.jpg

th_IMAG0145.jpg

th_IMAG0144.jpg

th_IMAG0143.jpg

And no the Diet Dew bottle isn't my actual FPR. That is on the truck mounted already. Blue tape is the hose routing in a crude way, and I didn't have my fuel filter, 1 90* fitting, bulkhead fitting, or coupler at the time of the pics. That is what the note cards are, and they say what everything is.

I love this site for the people on it. Then on the other hand I hate this site for the money it has made me spend. LOL

Thanks again guys.

[quote name='sinr98' timestamp='1305219562' post='782120'

Then on the other hand I hate this site for the money it has made me spend. LOL

this

Look forward to seeing this turn out

I do want to run a second pump to be certain that ...

I would advise against this - twin pumps looks good on paper, but in reality it's not workable IMO for several reasons. A single Walbro-340 is just big enough to feed a set of 60# injectors, you don't need more pump IMO. Adding a second pump will make reliability worse, not better. With a second pump you will have two points of failure, not one. If a single pump fails, the motor stalls on you; if one of a two-pump setup fails, the motor will still run, but run lean and you will grenade the motor (at WOT). You could attempt to get tricky with relays and wire the system so that when the second pump is activated it will deactivate if pressure drops below 55-psi but it would be an awful mess (I've investigated this), you want BOTH pumps running, or both pumps dead, or else you will have a serious lean-out condition at WOT. If you want more fuel capacity there are now better pump alternatives (i.e. Bosch 044 pump, etc) that can supply 900+ hp and you don't have the complexity, reliability, or [engine] safety issues.

Mr. P. :)

I am going to stick with the single pump. If I were to go dual pumps it would be for a safety pump. IE if one pump fails the hobbs switch would be wired to power up the second pump when pressure gets below say 45psi. In my case if the pressure drops that low I have a pump problem and to get it home the second pump would be powering it. It wouldn't be used as a secondary pump to anything other than a pump failure.

My future plans on the next motor being built will shoot for 700 on high boost. In that case I will have two pumps or one Bosch 044.