Got The Front Growl

I need a hand with a problem i know i got the Sss front end growl got about 45,000 miles on it 2003 i pulled out of work today and heard a sort of noise like a bell twice right in a roll and i have been hearing a noise that sounds like a rock in my caliper comming from the front end kinda high pitched chirp is this the beggining of the end for my front diff??????

So you have a Rock&Roll growl with a chirp.:cool: If you do drain the front diff you can send the oil out and have it analized.Large truck shops can do this.My 99 Silverado has had a bad wheel bearing for a while now.It sounds like off road tires.More of a howl.It wouldn't hurt to get the front end checked by a pro also.These trucks sure have a lot of weird noices when you listen hard enough.

Good luck.

Had to rebuild my front diff at 43,000 miles, the bearings were shot but the gears were still good. Had the same annoying howl/whining noise front the front end. I'd get those bearings replaced before you do damage to the gears. The bearing kit cost me $200 and I changed the vent connector to the 2004 and up style so I could run synthetic gear oil. The shop labor was $650 and done in one day.

• 6 months later...

what bearing kit did you buy,and where did you get it from...... i have an 04 sss that has 50,000 on it and it had the Whine.... thanx for any help....

Got it from west coast differentials, you can call them and they will get you set up with the right kit.