Powerdyne... Maybe Time For A Change...

So, long story short, bearings were starting to make noise and a noticable vibration. I got a bearing and belt kit online and went to put them in and noticed they were made in Korea. I decided to go to Napa and croos the #'s and I put them in... well they sounded like crap from the get-go. They did no damage to the blower tho. I then decided to go ahead and put in the Korea ones. Well, around 7 miles on it and very noisy. Took out the blower and apart and the impeller shaft bearings failed... badly! So now the impeller rotor is shot and the impeller rubbed the housing so now the housing and impeller and shaft will be junk. WTF! I just boxed it up and sent it to 928 M*torsp*rts (decided not to name drop incase they help me out). We'll see what happens I guess.

I'm even questioning putting the Powerdyne back in... I'd love to be able to match what she had, but I don't want to lose my ok MPG cuz if I stay out of the go pedal I can get btwn 8-14 mpg. I've done soooo much to this truck (IMHO) and I kinda consider it close to stock output without the blower.

I don't know why I'm here, maybe cuz I'm at wits end and ready to frickin lose it, there's more to this, but enuf for now.

Comments, suggestions... but I'm not made of $$$, I'd love to go to a Maggie or something, but prolly can't.

Thanks guys and gals and i HOPE you're having better luck than me.

Oh yeah, all this crap started on Friday 13th!!!

Sorry to hear that, I was about to buy a powerdyne on a local CL, but heard so many bad things about them. Heard 928M, has terrible support too. Was litening to some of the horror stories. Hope things looks brighter in the near future!!!