Am I Being Scammed?

eeekroar

Okay, I finally found a few bikes that I am willing to buy. I can see the bikes in person so I know at least it is actually real, unlike some the other scams. Unfortunately, all of them have liens out with the bank. Is there a way about getting the title signed over to my name the day I pay? I know I could go with them to the bank and actually pay off the bike, but if the title has to be shipped to them, is there anyway to stop them from not signing it over? One of them has it financed through GE money bank so we could not actually go to the branch. He said he could sign his copy of the title over, and when the real one comes in 15 days he would sign it over too? Is there anyway to protect me from getting screwed. It seems no one who owns a bike around here actually has the title in hand.

man I don't know...I'd think if there is a lean on it he is using it as colatoral for another loan and i maybe wrong but I doubt a bank will release the title of something with a lean on it until the loan he took out is satisfied..but i dunno

man I don't know...I'd think if there is a lean on it he is using it as colatoral for another loan and i maybe wrong but I doubt a bank will release the title of something with a lean on it until the loan he took out is satisfied..but i dunno

If it's just for bike, I would pay loan off right then. But if they have to send the title to him, is there anyway to stop him from saying no thanks for paying off my bike and not doing it.Everyone I find has a loan out on their bike, and the people that don't live so far away that I'd have to sell a kidney to get out there and ship it back.

that all sounds right and everything. you will get a bill of sale from the dnv and if he signs it and everything he cant do anything. now days the title does not mean anything if it has lien on it. you get a new one when you title the bike.

You will get the title the day you by the bike. Then the banks will give you a lein release saying that the bike has been paid off. Then he will sigh the title and you send in all the paper work and they will send you the clear new title in your name. I have done it tons of times just bought a car last week with a lein on the title. After the loan was paid off they gave me a lein release. Just call a local bank and they will walk you through it. Its really pretty simple

Okay thanks, I will probably go with the one that says the title is at his local branch. The other guy says I have to pay him the money then he sends it off and will send me the title in two weeks, but won't sign a bill of sale. Would rather went with him since it's down the street, but guess I will have to travel a little.

:smash: what ever you do or anyone else...STAY AWAY FROM GE BANKING. :smash: i had a 5 year running gun battle with them. payments were mailed in on time, and never credited for the payments until after the past due date. so every month they were saying payment late, or never received and assessed a late fee. pay all the fees and within 6 months we were right back to being late, and never credited me for the back payments they said i owed but didn't..talk about :icon_bs: their mailing address was 108 miles from me, and they said it takes 10-12 work days to receive, and process.. :M16::icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs:

:smash: what ever you do or anyone else...STAY AWAY FROM GE BANKING. :smash: i had a 5 year running gun battle with them. payments were mailed in on time, and never credited for the payments until after the past due date. so every month they were saying payment late, or never received and assessed a late fee. pay all the fees and within 6 months we were right back to being late, and never credited me for the back payments they said i owed but didn't..talk about :icon_bs: their mailing address was 108 miles from me, and they said it takes 10-12 work days to receive, and process.. :M16::icon_bs: :icon_bs: :icon_bs:

Thanks man, that's who one of the guys that says I need to give him the money up front is financed through. I knew it was shady when he said I can come get the bike and title later after I pay.His number is in my area, but doesn't mean he isn't planning on scamming me.

Is $6,500 for a 2008 GSXR 600 with little under 2,000 miles a decent deal? Comes with few extras like, fender eliminator,windscreen,shorty levers, front chock,rear stand, Alpinestar jacket-boots-gloves?He has title in hand.

Is $6,500 for a 2008 GSXR 600 with little under 2,000 miles a decent deal? Comes with few extras like, fender eliminator,windscreen,shorty levers, front chock,rear stand, Alpinestar jacket-boots-gloves?He has title in hand.

Not a bad deal. On the whole title issue it changes with the state. Tx does not give the owner the title until the bike is paid in full from the lein holder. Now Oklahoma does give you the title but they give you a lein release when it is paid for. He has pictures of the bike on here I think. His screen name is midnightrider aka Jason.

Another member here has a 07 750 GSXR with 10K on it. Has been custom painted by me and has never ever been abused or down. It has exhaust and a few other goodies. I think he would do 6500.00 on it. Trust me its a hell of a lot more bike than a 600. You will get board with the 600 quickly. Under 2K seems fishy to me.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

The guy with 2,000 is only person that I have been in contact with that has title in hand. Hopefully he didn't change cluster with mileage. Is that possible, similar to cars or trucks?

yup and a ton easier to do on bikes

the reason I suggested Jasons bike is because he is a very well known member and I personally assure you that you wouldn't get screwed. Also he know lives in DFW TX. He is no longer in OKC

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)