Amp Mounting Help

Hey guys looking to finally install my system. Was curious as to where I can mount my 2 amps and my cap. I really don't want to drill them into the wall behind the rear seat in fear that the screws will come out the other side. Don't want to molest my sheet metal. Is it possible to mount everything on the back of the seat? Just curious about clearance...

You don't have to drill holes on the back wall

Just cut a piece of wood to fit between the rear panels behind the back seat, cut the insulation off, and silicone the wood to the back wall.

let it dry for a couple hours...done.

Hey Paulguy, is all ur stuff mounted directly to the wall? I asked my buddy that's an installer and he was adamant that no matter what length screws I used, they'd come thru the sheetmetal. After looking again, I'm guessing that's what u did, silicone and a piece of board, what insulation is back there. Also I see ur seat back folds down, I'm assuming u cut the tabs?

Silverado777 thanks for the pic.

Thanks again u guys.

Hey Paulguy, is all ur stuff mounted directly to the wall? I asked my buddy that's an installer and he was adamant that no matter what length screws I used, they'd come thru the sheetmetal. After looking again, I'm guessing that's what u did, silicone and a piece of board, what insulation is back there. Also I see ur seat back folds down, I'm assuming u cut the tabs?

Silverado777 thanks for the pic.

Thanks again u guys.

The math is simple.... 3/16" to 1/4" thick mounting tab on the amp + 1/2 plywood + carpet + silicone + 3 layers of dynamat(I use b-quiet) = what? over and inch. Probably 1.5"

So as long as you use a screw less then an inch...no problem.

This is truck country here, and I've put amps on probably a hundred cabs and as long as you use silicone that says 'good adhesion', scuff it up and let it set up long enough...no problems.

In fact, I changed mine on my truck and I had to pull for everything I was worth to get the wood off, and I ended up sanding alot of wood off of the back panel.

Insulation is just 3 layers of b-quiet and expanding foam in the rear b-pillars.

Yep, rear seat fold down trick...

http://www.silverado...old-down-trick/

Im actually using a single amp in my set up, and I didnt use screws or silicone. I took an old tree stand harness, like for use in deer hunting, and hacked it up. Cut holes in the harness, and ran them from bolt to bolt. After I was done, it looked like a flat racing harness. It holds the amp in tight, and it is easy to remove if the need be. Plus, it doesnt move any at all. I will more than likely get made fun of for this, but I found it the best set up for me. Im not going to be showing behind the seat anyway. Sorry, I dont have any pictures though.

So i guess anything made by liquid nails would suffice?? LOL love that stuff.... Another quick question for Paulguy, did you pull the carpet down and mount the 1/2 inch board to the wall then recover with the original carpet, or did you just carpet the board and glue it into place over the existing carpeting, i'm looking at the pics off my Evo and the more i zoom the blurrier they get. Sorry for the billion questions, just wanna do it right the first time.

Thanks'