Belt Tensioner

Just out of curiosity...I already know how to reinforce it but has anyone else here aver snapped the stock tensioner off? if mines not reinforced it shatters from the torque. I just welded a 1/4 plate to the back side of it yesturday. Ill post some pics tomorrow incase anyones having the same issue. Just wanna make sure im not the olny person with a SSS that snapps tensioners.lol

LOL! You are still a Magnacharger virgin if you haven't broke a tensioner. Easiest way to snap them is too tight of a belt combined with full throttle - let off completely - to full throttle again, more pronounced at higher RPMs. I kept a spare tensioner, wrench and belt in my truck at all times.

FYI, if you buy the Dayco tensioner at a auto parts chain, they come with a 2 year warranty.

OR just buy the HD tensioner and be done with it.

i broke mine the first month i had it. i had the older style bracket so i ordered the new one after it broke its been good since. and i always keep an extra belt under my backseat cause i lost a belt once also lol

Lol yea I have a pro charger. I welded that plate to it and mounted it today, along with the hd belt...we shall see how it goes. And yes, I always keep a extra belt and pensioners with me along with a tool bag. I've already broken two of the tensioners without the plate on the back. Looked for the hd tensioner, apparently my research wasn't good enough have to have noticed that one. lol Also today I noticed that all my pulleys don't line up. Maybe like a 1/2 inch difference from the top ones to the actually crank pulley. I'm guessing this could be a contributing factor to throwing belts. I'm dropping the SS off on Monday to get new injectors, maybe have don at slowhawk take a look at that.. is it difficult to fix?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Edited by *907BlownSS* (see edit history)