Help! Manual Doors To Power Doors

I HAVE A 03 REG CAB THAT CAME WITH MANUAL DOORS WHICH I LATER REPLACED WITH FULL POWER DOORS. I THOUGHT THE DOORS WOULD JUST SWAP OUT AND PLUG IN THE DOOR HARNESS INTO THE DASH AND EVERYTHING WOULD WORK. WELL I WAS WRONG. ONLY THING THAT WORKS ARE THE SPEAKERS. I NOTICED THE POWER DOOR HARNESS HAS ALOT MORE PINS THAN MY MANUAL DOOR HARNESS. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO SO FAR AS GETTING POWER TO THE DOOR HARNESS? CAN I JUST RUN A POWER WIRE? I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF THREADS ON HOW TO DO THIS BUT THEY ARE ALL WITH AFTERMARKET KITS AND SWITCHES. I WANT TO USE ALL THE FACTORY SWITCHES AND PLUGS. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS

A lot of the other wires on full power doors plug into the factory harness on full trim trucks and go to the BCM. You would have to get wiring schematics for both trucks and try to wire the power doors into yours once you who which each pin goes to and where to wire it if possible. Otherwise, you may have to swap the harness too.

Never done a swap on a silverado, but that's what I did on a buddy's ranger.

I HAVE A 03 REG CAB THAT CAME WITH MANUAL DOORS WHICH I LATER REPLACED WITH FULL POWER DOORS. I THOUGHT THE DOORS WOULD JUST SWAP OUT AND PLUG IN THE DOOR HARNESS INTO THE DASH AND EVERYTHING WOULD WORK. WELL I WAS WRONG. ONLY THING THAT WORKS ARE THE SPEAKERS. I NOTICED THE POWER DOOR HARNESS HAS ALOT MORE PINS THAN MY MANUAL DOOR HARNESS. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO SO FAR AS GETTING POWER TO THE DOOR HARNESS? CAN I JUST RUN A POWER WIRE? I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF THREADS ON HOW TO DO THIS BUT THEY ARE ALL WITH AFTERMARKET KITS AND SWITCHES. I WANT TO USE ALL THE FACTORY SWITCHES AND PLUGS. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS

Are you ready for the bad news? These trucks are class II data bus. The bcm controls the power options and communicates with the modules in the doors through a data bus signal. The power doors you installed have door modules in them(ddm, pdm). All three modules need to talk t each other. I`m not sure but I don`t believe the wiring for the bcm is in the non-optioned truck. You might need not only the bcm from the loaded truck but all the underdash wiring as well.

Please don`t yell(caps).

oooo buddy you are digging a HUGE hole. First you have to get the DDM and PDM. If you have a donor truck that you can snatch all the wiring from it will save you alot of time and stress. if not you will have to wire it all yourself. the switch runs through the DDM and PDM then goes to your i/p fuse blocks (left & right) then wires into the BCM through the six different plugs. Once you have everthing wired correctly you will have to unplug BCM, PCM, & DDM and take them to the stealership to get programmed with a tech II programer (this is tricky bc they generaly wont flash any components unless your VIN matches the options you are wanting to add. I called 12 dealerships in the metroplex and all said hell no. (this is why having a donor truck with all options is the ideal way to go) check this website and click on the link, it will redirect you to chiltons online fill in info at left and click on repairs, click on wire diagrams and go from there).

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/technical-maintenance/372463-free-online-chiltons-manual.html

-whytt

oooo buddy you are digging a HUGE hole. First you have to get the DDM and PDM. If you have a donor truck that you can snatch all the wiring from it will save you alot of time and stress. if not you will have to wire it all yourself. the switch runs through the DDM and PDM then goes to your i/p fuse blocks (left & right) then wires into the BCM through the six different plugs. Once you have everthing wired correctly you will have to unplug BCM, PCM, & DDM and take them to the stealership to get programmed with a tech II programer (this is tricky bc they generaly wont flash any components unless your VIN matches the options you are wanting to add. I called 12 dealerships in the metroplex and all said hell no. (this is why having a donor truck with all options is the ideal way to go) check this website and click on the link, it will redirect you to chiltons online fill in info at left and click on repairs, click on wire diagrams and go from there).

http://www.fullsizec...ons-manual.html

-whytt

Good find!

A lot of the other wires on full power doors plug into the factory harness on full trim trucks and go to the BCM. You would have to get wiring schematics for both trucks and try to wire the power doors into yours once you who which each pin goes to and where to wire it if possible. Otherwise, you may have to swap the harness too.

Never done a swap on a silverado, but that's what I did on a buddy's ranger.

Are you ready for the bad news? These trucks are class II data bus. The bcm controls the power options and communicates with the modules in the doors through a data bus signal. The power doors you installed have door modules in them(ddm, pdm). All three modules need to talk t each other. I`m not sure but I don`t believe the wiring for the bcm is in the non-optioned truck. You might need not only the bcm from the loaded truck but all the underdash wiring as well.

Please don`t yell(caps).

Damnnnn that sucks!!!

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/technical-maintenance/372463-free-online-chiltons-manual.html

-whytt

Wow! That's not happening for sure :( is there any way I can get a after market kit and use the factory switches?

Damnnnn that sucks!!!

Wow! That's not happening for sure :( is there any way I can get a after market kit and use the factory switches?

Nope, not really.

But you can do an aftermarket kit for the locks and windows anyways, they work alright.