Service Air Bag Light

So the other day I got in the truck and the service air bag light comes on. Since I don't have much experience trouble shooting this system I checked to see if it was intergrated in with the ECM so it might throw a code. After showing no codes I've made an appt. with the dealership to see what the issues is. I hope there is a cheaper why to trouble shoot this system since everytime I go to the dealership I leave with a bill over $300!! Any thoughts or ideas before I take it in tomorrow morning?

Yea...cancel your appointment and screw the stealership. Take off the airbag ( use a small screwdriver or coat hanger for both holes on the sides of the steering wheel) unplug it, turn the ignition on, then try plugging it back in with the ignition forward to see if the light goes off. It worked when mine came on after punching it (now it rattles and shakes but no light ). It could be a number of things, but I would go through the entire airbag system to at least try and fix it before going to the dealer IMO. It could be a sensor in a seat, loose ground, bad plug connection... Check the rearview when you sit in the pass seat to see if it works or not. If you open and let the glove box down you can check the plug and wires to the pass airbag in the dash. Check with a multimeter for voltage and impedance too.

I had this issue just last week, noticed my lights on my mirror went off when the service air bag warning came up on my dash, for me it was a loose connection under the pass side seat, all i did was unplug replug and everything has been fine since. Hope you figure it out good luck.