L@@King For Headers Need Help Wich Ones Are The Best

rocksss

hey was everyone im l@@king for some headers for my 04 ss silverado any one got some for sale they will have to b shorty i guess since im in california that smog thing is a bit--h ,,,,but got a ? wich headers would b good to get for my truck ,,,,,

i had gibson shortys i had no complaints but honestly u wont see any gains with shortys so maybe put the money ur gonna spend on them somewhere else and u will see some power addition

if i remember correctly shortys r significantly more expensive than L T's

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

hey was everyone im l@@king for some headers for my 04 ss silverado any one got some for sale they will have to b shorty i guess since im in california that smog thing is a bit--h ,,,,but got a ? wich headers would b good to get for my truck ,,,,,

Bassani makes very nice headers for our trucks. Mid length that go down almost to the cats and are smog legal. Look them up online. They are made in Anaheim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Bassani's on my truck and love them! The look and sound great, build is awesome, they are ceramic coated and so far it is holding up perfectly. I had a shop install them because I didn't want to try to pull the stock manifolds off in my driveway (befor I bought my air compressor), but the told me the install was extremely easy compared to some others they had done in the past, and that it only took them about an hour and a half to two hours to due.

You would be surprised that mid length's would be any gain at all, but they are. They certainly aren't as good as a long tube, but they do make more power. I've installed and tested that point. They are only worth about 10hp compared to 20/30 or so from long tubes, but hey 10hp emissions legal is good. I've installed Edelbrocks, Bassani's, T.O.G.'s when they made them, and a few others. I would do the Edelbrock's or JBA's coated. Figure about a 7-10hp gain vs. the 20-30 from long tubes as mentioned, but I understand the problem in California and it's not easy to get by emissions without friends to do so. Some people out there put on long tubes and just keep their stock crap for testing days. Tough call, but post up what you buy.