Samsung Led Or Plasma

Ruben525

I just left Bestbuy and I'm having a hard time deciding on which tv to go with. It's between a 55 inch LED and a 59 inch plasma both samsung there both the same price. I kinda like the way the LED looks but the plasma is bigger. The plasma looks darker the the led. The guy that helped me told me I should get the plasma tv calibrated by Bestbuy if I get it. He said it will look alot better and last longer then if I just keep it the way I got it. I'll post the link to the 55 led but I can't find the link to the 59 plasma. I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow so any help would be great.

55 inch LED

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+55%22+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LED-LCD+HDTV/2127504.p?skuId=2127504&id=1218310363690#tabbed-customerreviews

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure that's the same TV I have. I got the LCD because a guy that worked there that I knew said, LCD might not look as good, but last longer. Everyone else I talked to said Plasma burns out a lot faster.

:withstupid:

Either way, Samsung makes the best TV's for picture. Mine burns out every 2 years and its the LCD display, however the issue dates back to 2005 and I get it fixed under extended warranty. Sounds like a PITA, but their isnt a replacement with the same quality picture for a 26inch-28inch size range.

I would personally choose the LED or LCD. Not a fan of plasma.

edit-Only other thing I can think of is get the Texas Instruments Catalog, they are second to none in HD but prices will have you back with Samsung quickly.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

id go led you like it alot better man, picture is insane especially on blu-ray or xbox live. plasma will burn out in 3 years tops even if they calibrate it. ive got an LG 55" 3d capable LED its amazing

I'm pretty sure that's the same TV I have. I got the LCD because a guy that worked there that I knew said, LCD might not look as good, but last longer. Everyone else I talked to said Plasma burns out a lot faster.

Yea I heard they burn out faster too but the guy said if im going with samsung ether way I can't go wrong. How do you like your tv? I wanna pick one up tomorrow but I don't wanna rush it.

We have the Samsung 55" LED 240hz 8000 series, 3D TV ... we also have the Samsung 3D Blu-ray player. All I can say is, we loved the TV so much, we went and got a Samsung 40" LED 240hz for the bedroom. :thumbs:

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

We have the Samsung 55" LED 240hz 8000 series, 3D TV ... we also have the Samsung 3D Blu-ray player. All I can say is, we loved the TV so much, we went and got a Samsung 40" LED 240hz for the bedroom. :thumbs:

I wish it was 240hz I'll be stuck with the 120. Looks like everyone likes the led tv's

The Question is Do you want The Best Quality or the Biggest Screen?

If you want a big screen I would go with the Plasma

If you want better quality go with the LED

IMO the LED has better picture quality especially on blue-ray. I think you wont even notice the extra 4 inches you would get with the plasma, but you will def notice the quality of the LED. Thats just my 2 cents

I dont own and LED, LCD, or Plasma. But i have done lost of research so when i buy one I know what Im getting into, and picture quality was Im all about. I originally wanted to buy a plasma just because i coule get a bigger TV for less, but then i realized bigger isnt always better.

i like the led tv they look sweet but i have never owned one. i have a 50" panasonic plasma that i have had for almost 5 years now and have had no problems with and its on for at least 8hrs a day with my 2 toddlers at home watching movies and me playing ps3 till late at night.only thing is with the plasma is it makes allot of heat , i dont know if the leds get hot or not. good luck on the purchase im sure youll be happy either way. :cheers:

ps i dont know if you have checked out a costco ,but they usually have great deals on tvs and a no questions asked warrentee included with them which i know a warrentee is going to cost you a couple hundred from best buy .

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

I'd go for the LED Tv, I've had a Samsung 46 " LCD for 4 years now and love it! We have a Samsung Blu-ray and the picture quality of a Samsung is hands down the best. We also own a 46" Sony LCD and it doesnt compare.

Edited by jtmarine02 (see edit history)

i say led would be the way to go. plasma is goin out anyways. led is the next best thing for a tv. i just bought a 60" sony bravia lcd and love it. i got it for a really good price. wish i had the money to get a samsung led tv. samsung is the bomb. thatll be the next tv i ppurchase for sure. either way your going to love it.

I would get the protection plan. Like I stated my LCD is from 2005 which is a second gen HD setup and it does have its issue every 2-3 years and I get it fixed for free.

Also the LED is somewhat still new, so they might be working any issues with them, but Samsung has stood by their product with me and I cannot complain. I am glad I got the protection plan at the time (was like $200, but the tv set was over $2500 at the time.