New Toy!

beware of if you get any damage and need to be compensated insurance wise, im still dealing with insurance trying to get a fair deal from when i laid mine down almost 3 months ago, they wanted to pay me $500, and my motor is shot. 2 of the cylinders have compression BELOW 50 psi and they wanted to tell me it was from wear, icon_bs.gif so hopefully they total my bike so i can get a new one. Just some warning about state farm.

Thanks man, just don't know what I'm going to do, I knew it was going to be expensive but never expected 5,000 a year. That's almost more than the bike is worth, not to mention a couple thousand more a year than all three car insurances together.

Thats nuts man...I know they told me that any bike that was an "R" model is more expensive because they pay out the most claims on them...but 3k/yr is egregious...

That's what I'm saying man. I was literally in shock. Had to ask Geico twice was that a joke when they said 5,000 a year for full coverage. I don't understand at all how any insurance could be that much. Granted yes I have a speeding ticket, but damn. I would consider liability if It covered theft, but considering 3 people I know had their bikes stolen, I don't want to chance it. I checked the bike forums and even 18 -21 year old guys were getting better rates than me. Makes me think there is a glitch in the system. I would consider a gun shot to the stomach before I pay that much.

oh wow thats crazy price. i personally have never insured any bike i have owned. but i heard it would be pricey if i did. i put my bike up for sale today so we will see what happens there. just wondering in your state is it required for you to carrie insurance on your motorcycle. i know its always a good idea.

I'm not exactly sure. I know I had a bunch of friends that did not have insurance, and they even had loans out with Suzuki. I know it is mandatory to have insurance on cars or trucks though.

ya ive never had insurance on any bike either. good thing its not mandatotry in mt. just depends on who you get the loan through here if ya got to get it or not. thats is rediculous that its 5k a year. wow

Talked to Farmers insurance and they quoted me 1,569 for a year. Which includes everything in the others, with coverage of my gear too. Huge difference compared to Geico. Little over 4,000 dollars difference.Everyone recommend State Farm, but they would not even cover me because I had two tickets in the last three years.

shit i might have to switch to farmers...

good deal man

It's actually through FOREMOST which is a division of Farmers I believe. State farm called back and said they would cover us if we put it under my girls name, but we would have to switch our car insurance over. Was still going to be 500 more a year, and would still have to get home insurance somewhere else.

2011-06-01193044.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from State Farm today. They said they were working on our quote the past week and now it's 275 a month for Car,Truck,Bike Full coverage with theft with 500 dollar deductible. So I save 101 Dollar switching my Geico,and Farmers for motorcycle over. What to do with the extra 100 a month????