200 Shot

It's a snow performance no window switch just waiting for 3000 rpm to open it all the way up other than transmission changes the computer is basically stock.I had the timing turned retarded 6 degrees but returned to stock when I added the methanol. It runs 1.7 60 ft times now at 8.09

It's a snow performance no window switch just waiting for 3000 rpm to open it all the way up other than transmission changes the computer is basically stock.I had the timing turned retarded 6 degrees but returned to stock when I added the methanol. It runs 1.7 60 ft times now at 8.09

on nitrous yes.... I'm talking 1.7 on motor. I'm just telling you what will get you to your goal. you could have 7s just by getting a good tune. It seems you have asked for advise from people who have done this sort of thing then come back like you already know and have it all figured out.

last nitrous truck I messed with ran well into the 7s ( 7.6 IIRC ) with tuning, exhaust, cam, stall, and 150 shot. This particular truck had a ton left on the table just in tuning. To this day I don't think he ever got the truck dialed in.

Nitrous is my favorite way to go fast hands down, but in the wrong hands can cause major problems.

Mr.P answered the question I asked. I am taking your advice I'm checking onto different can choices now when I decide on a can I can get a converator to match it. I don't have it figured out or I wouldn't have asked for advice which I have gotten and taken but when I am asked a question about what I have I'm not going to ingnore them .I would love to be able to run 7s without nitrous. I am taking your advice and that of anyone else who can help and I thank you for it.I'm sorry if what I've said makes you think I know it all.

Mr.P answered the question I asked...

The knowledge I have on nitrous comes directly from being around Dan (Sprayed99) - trust me, he's only trying to help you go faster! :thumbs: I know the 'broad strokes' in that you need to concentrate on camming & converter selection, the research you put there will give you a truck that runs & works well (towing) off-spray as well as being crushingly fast on-spray. After that, the devil will be in the tune, Dan has a lot of working knowledge with serious nitrous applications and really gets-off on them, I would not hesitate to tap his knowledge if he's willing to assist you with your project.

Mr. P. :)