Truck Got Broken Into...

WretchedSS

Yep, I get off patrol... to come to find out my truck had got broken into a week before I come home from afghanistan. Shattered windows, Kicker zx 2500.1, 2x kicker l7, 1x kicker solo x 18" and avh4300 pioneer head unit poof, gone. They decided to rip up my seats, and also my dash in the mean time. My question first of all, why the F**K the alarm didn't sound? No one heard shattered windows? Insurance won't do shit about anything. Welcome home!!

Welcome back, Sorry to hear that, do u have the stock alarm? Tint will quiet down the nosie down. They also did a number on me but insted they pop the driver side key hole and the alarm dosent sound. Long story short my pionner flip out they didnt have enoght time to take it out but crack a conner on it, the funny thing is in the back seat i had my laptop and the best thing a 38super custom. Tell me i wasent lucky. They didnt take nuthin just that key hole and conner on the screen, but got it all new dats wut matters.

man, this blows goats. Sorry to hear it, and to such a nice truck. My brothers truck got broke into a month ago, and we was mad, and its just a rust bucket. I can just imagine.

Yea, im pretty furious... Was really looking forward to coming home and cruising in my truck that I spent all my hard earned, blood/tear given money into. Unfortunately, i'm not going to experience it. Someone else will experience it for me, for whom I shall probably never know who did it. Police are about as useful as a box of rocks around town, had the parents taking care of the vehicle file for the report. Probably just going to sale the truck, get rid of the loan I still owe on it, pay it off. Pretty devastated.

Damn im really sorry to hear that man. Mine got broken into while I was in basic training 3 years ago. Insurance didnt cover it either. I just got back from Afghanistan myself, this time I locked it in my parents garage while I was gone. Lesson learned.

Aww man don't sell it.

My BMW was broken into not to long ago and keyed. Was very depressing when it happened. The alarm did not go off until the police were there. BMW says I have to go to two dealers to get alarm checked before they will do anything. If you didn't have aftermarket alarm on the SS, the alarm will not go off from broken window is what a alarm install told me. Don't know how true that is, I'd rather not bust out my windows to find out. This could be a reason to get your seats redone custom. I know it sucks bad thinking what you could of used the money for instead, but from your post I know you were looking forward to driving/modding it. Don't let some piece of shit ruin your dreams.

Very sorry to hear this, I would be devastated too. There's been a lot of crime this winter/spring, my garage got broken into twice (stole all my tools) and that was enough to get me and my fiance to move.

And yup the insurance companies say that if the vehicle did not move it's 'vandalism', and vandalism is usually not covered; the vehicle has to move (if even only a foot) then it's a 'theft recovery'. :(

I know it sucks, but there are a few of us that are glad you are back from deployment and appreciate all you do for us out of country.

Mr. P.

With all these crackheads breaking into these trucks, it is seriously motivating to go through with my electric shock security system. Nothing better than seeing these sacks of dung layed out from some voltage and then you can just do whatever you want with them. Id just bring them to a local dumpster, I wouldnt even physically harm them.

I am glad my truck is stored, too much theft is going on. Im looking into my first gun (12 guage or an AR) because Ive noticed alot of strange things around my house and I know its the jealous f*#ks around town who cant afford such a nice truck (they cant even afford to fix their running boards :crackup:). I fired someone specific because he refused to back drag plow my driveway during the winter and he knocked my stonewall over. Had some serious words with him because he refused to fix it or pay for repairs. I know its him and his buddy. Im staking out tonite in the woods because their throwing cigarette butts all over my property and front doorstep. Stay tuned if you hear about me in the news.:thumbs:

Clearly im not the only one(didn't think I was) I need time to calm down, i'm furious. I havent seen the damage in person just in pictures. Funny thing about the subs though, 1 l7 was blown, so go figure, I already bought a l7 to replace along with the new 1700.1 hifonics amp, its sitting in the house. It just sucks to spend more money on something I already had setup that could've went somewhere else. I just bought SubThump's Ultra Deep 12" l7 box, and another l7. Looks like I need to save more money, my next investment was Haul@ass's Supercharger ><!! 1 more week, and i'll be sipping budwieser's in cali, and vegas. I'll also be having chpspecial tune my truck. Im not going to sell it, it's just infuriating.

^^^^^

SAIGA 12

I was sitting at Rite-Aid while my girl was inside and seen a girl get out of her car smoking a cigarette. She walks to the door, and stands there literally 6 inches from the tall cigarette disposer. Looks down at it. Takes two puffs, turns around, walks past the other ash tray on top of a trash can and throws her cigarette butt into the parking lot.

Sorry to hear that man. I remember how bad I felt when I saw my window on the ground and stuff gone and how pissed I was. Check the local Craigslist, flea markets if any, and pawn shops yourself. If you have a police report and see your stuff somewhere and can prove it, you'll more than likely be able to get it back or get the info on who sold your stolen goods. Then vigilante justice is yours for the taking if you so choose.

If you truly loved your truck and wanted to enjoy it, you wouldn't sell it. Stuff can be fixed and replaced, sucks because it costs more money, but I'm sure you'll keep close eyes on it and keep her in the garage. Maybe install hidden cameras inside that record to a hidden hard-drive :dunno: Your lucky they didn't take the truck IMO.

EDIT: Tips: Hook up an alarm to a set of train horns, 2 diff sets of wheel locks, wire a hidden switch for fuel pump and ignition, remove fuel pump and starter relays if you have to leave it somewhere for a while. Shit can still happen, just not as easily.

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

You can say that again, if my truck was gone... I'd probably flip a B****. Im going to rebuild, easy enough. Going to replace the alarm system. Sad that a broken window, no alarm sounds. Terrible. I want an alarm that has the keychain w/ the vehicle design and tells me where and what. Not very good with alarms though :\ actually not good @ all.