Looking For Front Differential

Black04SSS

Like the title says, I am looking for a front diff assembly. The truck is a 2004 AWD SS. The left output (stub) shaft on mine has a massive amount of play in it, and it whines a bit, and I have no idea how long it has been like this (or what else is toast in there now) since I just got the truck used a few months ago. Looking for options that don't involve rebuilding the one in my truck - like swapping in a used one if somebody has one in good shape. Or does anybody know if any company stocks remanufactured ones for our trucks or will build one upon ordering it? Last option would be to rebuild a different used one and then swap. I need to keep the down time for the truck to a minimum but I'm not totally afraid of rebuilding one as long as it saves me enough money to be worth my time. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by Black04SSS (see edit history)

The AWD front axle is SSS and Escalade specific part; the regular 4x4 front axles are not the same - keep that in mind during your search.

Mr. P.

Yeah I know. That is why I am looking for one or info on getting one here :) .

Well, you are in for a long search - there are hundreds of 4x4 front axles in the salvage yards in this nation, and maybe one or possibly two AWD axles; I was able to find a possible one through LKQ, and it was $1200 used. By comparison, I can get 4x4 front axles all day long around here for $250-300. It sucks GM did not come through for us and make a surplus of extras (like they do for all their other parts/vehicles). :mad:

Mr. P.