I Believe The Truck Is Totalled

SuperStock

Thank you all. The insurance company will be at my house on thursday or friday to take a look at it. I found an 03 ss for 13k or the same truck as mine with a duramax for 19k. Or I can keep my truck if they total it and they will give me 80 percent of what its worth to keep it and rebuild it. I thought if I ever recked it I would cry like a baby but I didnt. I'm just so pissed this has been a horriable year and it just seems to be getting worse.I have no idea what to do get a new truck either ss or duramax or keep mine and fix it any input would be great.

Do you tow a lot? The SS can tow a bit but if you tow a lot of weight, then a Dmax would be useful. If you don't tow a lot of weight then I'd stay away from a Dmax unless that's just something you really want to own. With gas all crazy, I might look into a normal gas engine. The SS requires 91+ octane. Let us know more about what you would use the truck for.

Well I always run 93 in my truck and she got 10 mpg so I am use to the shitty milage. I want awd, but I have always wanted a duramax alot more power. No I dont really tow much yet but I might be. I have always wanted an ss awd but there are downsides with the front diff and the not so good 4L60E. It's alot to think about.

I would not rebuild your truck because it would have a rebuilt salvage title. If you need a work horse type truck, then I can see why you would look at the duramax. But you wouldn't want to owe money either or have to pay outta pocket if you don't have to. The SS does have it's set of issues, but that goes for every vehicle. The dmax will cost more when something goes wrong and oil changes are more pricey. You have always wanted an SS, I think now is your chance man. You don't wanna kick yourself later if you don't.

yea the insurance company is being a typical insurance company they only want to give me 13k for the truck and my dad was arguing with them an told us to go online to find the same truck and get some prices well we found some with the same miles in worse condition for 16-18k.