Zachm89 New Pb And Some Other Track Fun

sprayed99

Zach (Zachm89) , Jason (midnightrider), Tyler (TXArkitekt), and my father went out to Dallas Raceway on Friday in the hot muggy weather to make a few passes.

Jason ran his best pass of the night in his new C6 Z06. Car has a set of ARH 1 7/8th and it hasnt been tuned yet on bald ass goodyear F1s at about 11pm 82* and 53% Humidity Da was about 2500'. He ran a 11.96 at 118 with a 1.9 60' and the car has a lot more in it. His fastest MPH was damn near 122 and his lowest run was 13.4 but he missed a gear and has a super shitty 60'

Zach ran a New PB 12.19 at 107.4 with a 1.7 60' at about 10:30pm at about the same conditions as above.

I was goofing around with the little S-10 (5.3L with Z06 cam) and on a factory tune (timing and shift points) it ran a 14.3 @ 95 then I bumped the shift points up 200 rpm and it went 14.1 @97 and on the final pass I added 2 degress of timing max in a few small areas and upped the shift points by another 100 rpm and it went 13.94 at 99.85 and a wonderful 2.29 60' LMAO (which was the best of the night for me). Thats a good enough base time before I tear into the truck for the new mods.

All in all it was a fun night,

Zachs 12.19 run he was racing a new GTS Viper and they stayed literally right next to each down the entire track... He got Zach by 27 hundreths!! Some cooler weather and the tune being spot on and that viper would have been driving away a bit more butt hurt than he was.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

No I think I remember being told yesterday Jason trapped @ 118; they are pretty sure the car has 10's in it. Zach is also pretty sure his truck will run 11s. And the S-10 = :ninja: LOL.

118 and only got a high 11...yeah I'd say if he gopt that thing to hook he had really good numbers

118 and only got a high 11...yeah I'd say if he gopt that thing to hook he had really good numbers

brad you can't compare truck MPH to his vette it is a true top end car so it will always mph high compared to most the stuff you see.

the s-10 corrected time is right at 13.5 and with more tuning and good tires it could easily go 13.3-13.2 in 0 DA weather, but I don't care about that. I wanted a simple baseline to compare because we never get 0 DA weather here LOL.

brad you can't compare truck MPH to his vette it is a true top end car so it will always mph high compared to most the stuff you see.

the s-10 corrected time is right at 13.5 and with more tuning and good tires it could easily go 13.3-13.2 in 0 DA weather, but I don't care about that. I wanted a simple baseline to compare because we never get 0 DA weather here LOL.

very true.

Good run guys, I was hoping to hear of a new arrival blue truck in the 11's

Me too :( but the damn weather wouldn't break from 82* it was 82* @ 8:30pm and didnt drop below that until 2am that night... irratating to say the least. He is going to get the tune dialed in with Zippy and wait until its cooler (high60s at least) to go out and hit those 11s :)

Me too :( but the damn weather wouldn't break from 82* it was 82* @ 8:30pm and didnt drop below that until 2am that night... irratating to say the least. He is going to get the tune dialed in with Zippy and wait until its cooler (high60s at least) to go out and hit those 11s :)

Good, I sure hope so. Rite now I'm in the 11's I figure I should be able to push it down the 1320ft in roughly 11min!:crackup:

Zachs 12.19 run he was racing a new GTS Viper and they stayed literally right next to each down the entire track... He got Zach by 27 hundreths!! Some cooler weather and the tune being spot on and that viper would have been driving away a bit more butt hurt than he was.

ACTUALLY, I was in front of him for most of the track and he played catch up right at the end, lol. I was pretty impressed that the truck did that well against a car of the caliber and damn near beat him. Here's a link to the video Shelby took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCWB9vC1O4

great runs guys and a big congrats Zach

Danny I cant wait to see the s-10 dialed in its gonna be a bamf little butt kicker keep us posted