To Smooth, Or Not To Smooth

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I sand the trim down smooth?

• Smooth, will look much cleaner
    • Textured will look just fine

So Last April (2010) i Started to paint some interior trim on my truck black. I started with the front door handle bezels. I think they came out good. I just sanded them lightly to make sure the paint stuck, bu i did not sand it smooth.

I got busy and now here it is over a year later and I want to finish my project.

Here is a picture of my door bezel

IMG_0929.jpg

Do you guys think i should smooth down the trim peices completly smooth, or do you think leaving them with stock texture will look just fine?

I would love to do carbon fiber but just dont have it in the budget.

My plans are to paint the Front Switch Bezel, Dash Bezel, Center Console Bezel, Power Seats Bezel, Rear Door Latch Bezel, and the Overhead console

you bringing this post up actually inspired me to continue with my interior also thank you lol. im doing the dash bezel, cup holder, pockets inbetween dash and cup holder, passenger vents, mirror covers, and overhead consol for now. i wanna see pics of yours when your done with it man.:thumbs:

Remove both ac vents.Then there is a left and a right white clip push and the then slide the bar out. Prep the grab bar really well and get some interior spray paint, its made by dupli color. Vinyl spray paint and adhesion permoter

any thing that is soft/squishy will need to be resined/epoxied first other wise it will crack , with heat and cooling it will happen unless its made something not flexible that will not do this . its why hydrodipping some interior parts costs so much . i wont even say what i have into my interior but its more than anyone would fathom . but i have about 40-50 parts in my interior hydrodipped in carbon fiber and it contrast's very nicely with the black leather and silver suede. there is only a small bit of charcoal left from the factory .

any thing that is soft/squishy will need to be resined/epoxied first other wise it will crack , with heat and cooling it will happen unless its made something not flexible that will not do this . its why hydrodipping some interior parts costs so much . i wont even say what i have into my interior but its more than anyone would fathom . but i have about 40-50 parts in my interior hydrodipped in carbon fiber and it contrast's very nicely with the black leather and silver suede. there is only a small bit of charcoal left from the factory .

were do you get your pieces hydrodripped and what does it cost roughly? i always wondered wat was done to your interior pieces. it looks amazing....