Is This An True Ss

rhoush

Looks legit to me, there were some no frills SSS's in '06, and the 8th digit of the Vin is an N. The rims are not the originals, all '06 SSS's came with chrome wheels, those are from an '03-'04. Seeing the mileage and how this particular SS did not have many options, you should be able to get them down in price.....

I knew some of the later ones were available with less options and such, but 40/20/40 front SEATS!!!

That's one I've never seen or heard of!!! :ohmy:

:withstupid: :withstupid: I thought all 06s and 07s came with leather and the full center console!! Wow that's news to me. $21,000 is way too much for that truck imo especially with it being so bare. Maybe $17,000?? Mine has every option available and the bank appraised it at $18,000.

No, I've seen a couple 2006's and maybe a 2007 Classic with cloth buckets before.

But the 40/20/40 seats make this one a REAL base model SSS. This truck dosen't have auto A/C, Bose surround sound, or anything extra really. I'm surprised it has the steering wheel controls now!!! :freak:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

My 06 SSS had a bench front seat with foldable up/down center console, cloth, painted rims (not chrome) and I rec'd daily comments/questions as to it not being real. There have been many discussions on this in the past. In 06 you had many different options with the SSS whereas in 03-05 they were a base model including leather, chrome, center console, bose etc.

post-9089-006871600 1308766065_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I ran VIN too. The RPO codes are coming up with Z60, M32, LQ9, G80, B4U, KG3 etc which verifies its a SS. Here is another pic of my old one, my 1st one. My 2nd one was identical but chrome rims.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2GCEC19N761175778

post-9089-014483600 1308766871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

The Vortec Max Engine cover makes me suspicious, along with the sticker on the Brake Master Cylinder, the 8th Digit N is just the 6.0 LQ9 motor which the Vortech had. I say clone.

Well I'm not sure about the VIN, but my 07 has the same Vortech Max cover with the same sticker on the brake master cylinder if that helps any.