Cats High Flow Cats Or None

Okay so Im getting ready to install a set of Doug Throley headers on my SS I'm going to keep my Dynomax "X" flow muffler. I live in ma and at some point i will be adding a cam. So my question is do I keep my cats, Or do I get a set of high flows like magnaflows, or what.

I did look at a post from 07 and there wasn't much said. I just want to know what everyones thoughts are. I want it to sound good i don't want it to be so loud that I can't drive it with my 7 month old in the truck. Please let me know!!!!

i would just go no cats even the high flows will be a nuisance down the road and you will find yourself taking them out to. i personally dont think they will make that big of a difference sound wise in your cab. i wouldnt know tho ive been running open manifolds before i got my headers and now im running open headers with the fake cats in the mid pipes lol

Since you are planning a supercharger in your future, don't install cats; the enrichment fuel will kill them. However, keep in mind that whatever you do to your truck, it will have to pass visual inspection in MA.

Mr. P.

Jesse I am running magnaflows and the have a nice to not to loud or quiet,I have the side exit and do get a drone,my future plans are longtubes,gutted cats and and x-pipe to try to help with the drone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk