Injector Question

Silverad0 SS

Me and a buddy got in argument he said his stock 5.3 came with like 54lb injectors something in the 50's I said no I don't think so but he has the 5.3 the made for 9 months or something like that. But any way I curiious what the stock injectors are for SS's??? And one more question I'm having trouble deciding what size injectors I wanna go with, I should be putting down almost 500 hp to all wheels which size would you guys recommend? And a brand? Something thats good and not extremely expensive thanks

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

What do you have done, just wondering. 500 to the wheels is a lot.

If memory serves KRAMBO is running the 42 pound injectors and it works, but he's maxed out. The Ford green top injectors are aound 52 i think at our fuel pressure, and should be fine for you. I'm running those and dyno'd 504 to the rears, but i was at 7300 rpm which puts a huge load on the injector so if your below that you should be fine. They require a multec to EV1 adapter. The seimens 60 pound injectors run at 72ish i think with our fuel pressure and would be more then enough. Those need a multec to EV6 adapter to work. DO NOT BUY A DRILLED OUT INJECTOR, your tuner will hang you or pretend he knows what to do and it will be wrong. When buying an injector its best to ask your tuner if he has the files for the injector you are looking for. The 42 pound marine, green top, and seimens 60 all have correct information for them. There are a few more but i don't have the info infront of me right now

Brad

well im not sure if im gonna be forging my motor to a 408 yet i want too... so i might just leave the motor stock for now add injectors and put the sts kit on and be putting out 10lbs of boost, i prolly could still use 60# huh? it cant hurt to go too big correct? the tuner can just tune them?

the larger the injector is the harder it is to make it idle, however the 60 pound injectors aren't that big in the whole picture of things. I would go with the siemens deka 60 which like i said flows 72 at our pressure. Should be plenty good for your sts, 408. Remember to get the harness to adapt them to your wiring, DO NOT use five o motorsports for the adapters, we ordered 8 and two were bad, then he was nice enough to send us 2 more and one of those was bad. We then used fuel injector connection and it was just fine. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=189

Zippy also told me some of the import cars and the new gm flex fuel trucks use this connector as well, so you might be able to find one in a junk yard and cut them off and solder them into your truck.

I think the o-rings are correct for the stock intake, but wrong for the fast intakes.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

What do you have done, just wondering. 500 to the wheels is a lot.

If memory serves KRAMBO is running the 42 pound injectors and it works, but he's maxed out.

I am running the 36# FAST injectors which flow "roughly" 40#'s at 58psi rail pressure. Since I have an adjustable FPR, I run 65#'s to squeeze a little more out of them. They are maxed with my set-up (roughly 500 RWHP) however I do not creap lean.

the larger the injector is the harder it is to make it idle, however the 60 pound injectors aren't that big in the whole picture of things. I would go with the siemens deka 60 which like i said flows 72 at our pressure. Should be plenty good for your sts, 408. Remember to get the harness to adapt them to your wiring, DO NOT use five o motorsports for the adapters, we ordered 8 and two were bad, then he was nice enough to send us 2 more and one of those was bad. We then used fuel injector connection and it was just fine. http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=189

Zippy also told me some of the import cars and the new gm flex fuel trucks use this connector as well, so you might be able to find one in a junk yard and cut them off and solder them into your truck.

I think the o-rings are correct for the stock intake, but wrong for the fast intakes.

Agree. Go with the Siemens Deka 60's.

I say 500, but 500 is prolly gonna be on a good cold night lol but ive done alot of math and research and i should be between 450-500 down

your gonna have to put about 650+ to the crank to get those numbers, know members who have way more done than a sts kit and supporting mods and are barley creeping 450-500, Do the 408 and do front mount you can achieve the numbers you want that way

Also just curious what do you have done to your tranny to support 500 horse? Youll need alot, injector size wont help you if your driveline cant support the power your putting down if you have a stout built tranny then disregard that. But like McMahan said you wont have 500 horse with just an STS kit running 10#s of boost. Build a good 408 and run a front mount set up and you will have better luck making the power you want.

well im not sure if im gonna be forging my motor to a 408 yet i want too... so i might just leave the motor stock for now add injectors and put the sts kit on and be putting out 10lbs of boost, i prolly could still use 60# huh? it cant hurt to go too big correct? the tuner can just tune them?

I was curious as to what it would take to make your 500 hp wheel goal with an STS on a 408 so i talked to Zippy about it, as FI is an area i know little about, and his words were " if you can't make 500 with a 408 and an STS you need to start over". So if your serious about building a 408, he can get you a great price on a crank and rods kit to work with. He can order a house brand crank and rods that damn near mimic the callies compstar stuff for less money. So if your building the motor on a budget and don't want to spend another 600 bucks for 10 extra hp, it might may be right up your alley. Give him a call and talk it over, he's number is in his sig.

Help me understand something... There is a lot of talk about going front mount here, yet does anybody know what the difference between 10# of boost between a front mount, STS, centrifugal Supercharger, roots, or positive displacement supercharger is. Because a motor sure doesn't nor does it care where the boost comes from. The biggest difference will be in the set-up of the system, its efficiency, the target goals, and the tuner.

please explain, I'm one of the guys who would say boost is boost, i have no first hand experiance with it.

My comment wasn't to question you, I hope you didn't take it that way. but in short, yes. Boost is Boost. The difference come from the set-up and the delivery style of the system used. And also where the power band is with relation to the RPM curve. And lastly how efficient the system is. Push any system past its efficiency range and you begin creating lots of parasitic loses.

i can go over the different styles if you want