Boost Mpg

SilvSSguy

I just got my Silverado SS not too long ago, its a 2003 and it came with Corsa sport exhaust on it and i just put new AC Delco iridium plugs with taylor 409 wires. Im leaving for college and will be living there during the week, but coming back home on the weekends, its about a 2 hour drive to college, so i was just wondering if there were some small things i could do to it without detuning it or anything like that. has anyone had any luck with Throttle body spacers or aftermarket Mass Air flow sensors? I know for a fact im getting a cold air intake, I had great luck with AEM on my old truck, so my next one will most likely be AEM also. any tips or advice?

Dont waste your money on an AEM intake. Get a Spectre its the same exact thing minus the filter. The AEM is like $285ish and the Spectre is $140ish, then either run the filter it somes with or what I did was order a K&N filter to put on the tube it works perfect and it was alot cheaper than spending a ton of money on an intake. Throttlebody spacers are a waste of money along with MAF sensors. Get good exhaust like a magnaflow muffler weld it into your stock exhaust piping and the spectre intake or the intake of your choice and those will make the truck breathe better.

Get good exhaust like a magnaflow muffler weld it into your stock exhaust piping and the spectre intake or the intake of your choice and those will make the truck breathe better.

he said he has Corsa Sport.

agree with above though, CAI of some sort.

I noticed an improvement in my gas mileage after i added a spectre intake. I while installing the intake i knocked out the screen in the m.a.s. being careful not to touch the sensors. I noticed an improvement in the performance and mileage when my foot isnt in the firewall. It woke it up! so much so that the friend that help install it ordered him an intake and did the same thing to the m.a.s. on his titan.

If you were worried about mpg you shouldn't of gotten a truck especially an SS. The tune/CAI will increase mpg. When I switched to Royal Purple I also gained 1mpg on average. RP in motor, PS and diff.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Along with what everyone else said add Lucas Fuel Treatment everytime you fill up at the station, and also dont forget the 2003 model SS is the only one with a servicable fuel filter, might want to do that. Also clean your MAF and TB and use some sea foam.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Personally I would leave the screen in the MAF alone, removing it has been a debated issue here for years, and the results of removing it are negligible AFAIK. The screen does serve a purpose, to straighten/directionalize airflow and reduce turbulence in the intake charge.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Personally I would leave the screen in the MAF alone, removing it has been a debated issue here for years, and the results of removing it are negligible AFAIK. The screen does serve a purpose, to straighten/directionalize airflow and reduce turbulence in the intake charge.....

Not the intake charge, but it does reduce turbulence of air as it crosses the MAF element wires. Turbulent air causes a MAF to read improperly this is most noticeably at idle.